Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and songs, for example. It's really like an annual event every user and fan of Spotify waits the whole year to share their Wrapped cards with their friends on Social Media or to check out how was their listening experience over the 365 days of the year...

Taking another step, and after listening to the users, Spotify is launching a new experience when it comes to following the listening stats... Welcome to Your Sound Capsule.

Initially only available in Brazil, India and IndonesiaYour Sound Capsule is a brand new way to keep up with what you're listening to each month of the year, including information like:

• how many minutes you spent listening to content
  • your top artists
  • your top songs 

IMG_6759.jpgIMG_6760.jpgIMG_6761.jpg

You can also get some exclusive insights into the Proportion of Your ListeningStreakUnlikely CombinationsTotal Listening Time, Throwback, and Top x% Listener.

• Proportion of Your Listening

You will get insights into the proportion of the time you spent listening on Spotify that month. You'll see which playlist/artist you spent more time listening to, considering the total listening time.

• Streak

Are you a huge fan of an Artist? Then you probably listen to them in a sequence of days, right? You can check it out on your capsule.

• Unlikely Combinations

If you are like me, you probably listen to the most different genres ever and only you can understand the unlikely combinations you do when listening to your favorite songs.

• Total Listening Time

Are you curious to know how many minutes you spent listening to your favorite songs in the month? Here is the definitive stat!

• Throwback

It showcases some songs or artists you were listening to a lot a few months ago and gives you the opportunity to a throwback. It's excellent to know how your music taste has evolved through time... 

• Top x% Listener

Are you feeling yourself a huge fan of an artist or a specific song? Your Sound Capsule can give you the answer and showcase if you are a top listener.

The insights you can get on Your Sound Capsule are countless, and just listening you can unlock all the possibilities of it. Don't forget to keep your Spotify app up-to-date to start the game!

IMG_6764.jpgIMG_6765.jpgIMG_6766.jpg

You can access Your Sound Capsule by following these steps:

1. Tap on your Profile picture
  2. Scroll and tap Your Sound Capsule
  3. Choose between the different types of listening stats

No more words, as you already know how it works, it's up to you to explore the possibilities on Your Sound Capsule. Enjoy it! 

For any feedback on the matter you may have, you are more than welcome to share it with us below on this thread.

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
25 Replies

i live in canada and i don’t have sound capsule on my Spotify what do i do?

Hi, @spencer09 

Your Sound Capsule is being launched, initially in Brazil, India and Indonesia.

Once it reaches more countries, I’ll update this post with the information.

LuanSpotify Star

i am from indonesia and i still dont get the sound capsule

Hi, @blastingwar 
It's still being rolled out gradually, so I just recommend you keep your app up-to-date and you can get it soon.

LuanSpotify Star

When is it dropping in Canada

We need it in Colombia please, and South America in general. We all pay here too for this cool options, all the cool options such as the music dj ai and this one never comes up to Colombia. It's like Brazil has everything always or USA. 😞

Huge!!!

阿三喜欢这个功能

I only got my premium like 3 hours ago and the sound capsule wasnt there, does it take times to be there, like spotify is working on it right? Im indonesian btw

When will it be released in the UK?

I want this launch in my country. I like this new idea because I love music, so I think this is a good way to know about ourselves, and know what we do every day when we listen to music. It's a good music exam as well, this will throw back artist and music that we forgot we listen

Cool, Luan! 🙂

You have to wait for update.

Oh this is coool ! Looking foward for this update in Europe 🙂 

Love this sooo much and what I’ve been so desperately wanting for years!! I’m so excited to have it in the US! Any timeline estimate?

Hi,
I can only see the data for April 2024, and nothing for March, Feb etc. Is that normal / intended?
Thanks

@Luan

Hi, @JagD 

You need to listen to a considerable number of songs and different artists to generate data for Your Sound Capsule. It is worth to mention you need to be a Premium user during the period to get that data on it.

LuanSpotify Star

Hi, @kyanna 

There is no information about the launch in more countries but the ones I mentioned in the main post. However, don't worry because I'll publish an update here as soon as I get more details. 

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts