Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Playlists] Play songs in the order of a list

[iOS][Playlists] Play songs in the order of a list

To return the possibility of playing songs in the order of a list once clicking on first music of playlist/album, as it was before, so it is easier to like/add musics. The random mode could work by clicking the Play button.

5 Replies

Hey @fernandadourado,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. We moved your post from Ideas to the help boards as it's content fits better here.

The option to play tracks in order is already a Premium feature. If you have a Premium subscription, you can select the first (or any) song of an album/playlist and it will play in order. You can also change the sorting options to play in a specific order.

Just make sure that the shuffle button of your Now playing view is set as off when picking a song from a list OscarDC_0-1648140378104.png.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is not working for me.

Hey there @contactzero,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what subscription you're currently running - Premium or free? It would also be helpful if you send us a screenshot of how your Now Playing View looks and let us know your device model, OS version and Spotify app version.

We'll do our best to help.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Premium, last 5 years. Something changed, a default, I clicked something... whatever, it's driving me nuts. Especially when I am driving - very dangerous.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.1.2,  OS- Monterey but I don't listen on my Mac - ever. I stream directly from phone to my music server.

crossed arrows not selected (white, no dot underneath)

No1. I have my sort set to "recently added". So I scroll down the list and select about 20-30 songs from the bottom and hit play. It plays a few songs and BA<M@!, next song plays is my first ever added.

No2. The view the playlist is correct, but after like 3 songs, it ignores the playlist and goes back to the beginning.

I've download all songs ( France; poor connects everywhere.)

256G stockage. 90G available.

Maybe CarPlay is screwing it up?

-Thanks for your response.

Hi @contactzero,

Thanks for the update.

The behavior you're describing was reported in this thread here, so feel free to check it out. Our tech folks were aware of it and have recently made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Note that you may need to restart the app a couple of times or log out and sign back in to your account in order for the changes to take effect, so be sure to try those out.

Something else that's worth trying is quitting Spotify on your CarPlay while connected to your iPhone with Spotify Connect to see if that does the trick.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts