Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

im so sorry i hate the new liked songs button so bad

im so sorry i hate the new liked songs button so bad

like i actually despise it cus 

it was perfect before and

sure people said that id get used to it over time and i did .. i still hated it but i got used to it ... until this new change ...

I will press the + button by the song title to add it to a playlist

the next new song that i press the + button on , intending to add it to my liked songs , goes into the playlist i added the last song into as opposed to my liked songs

i truly think that whoever signed off on this idea was not in their right mind at that moment and this must be reversed as well as the heart returning instead of the + immediately

thank you

53 Replies

Hey @poopgeeg,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

As this doesn't sound quite like the expected app feature, we would like to look into this further. Could you let us know what device and version of the operating system you're using? We also need to know your current Spotify version.

If possible, feel free to include screenshots of how things look like for you in the app as well.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

iPhone 13 

Operating System

iOS 16.6.1

My Question or Issue

I'm encountering a behavior that came up before and now it's back. When I like a song, the song is added to the last playlist where I added a song. So let's say I have a playlist called Ambient and I just added a song to that playlist, next time I will use the add/like button on a song adding the track to the Ambient playlist instead of my liked songs. 

Also, if I just click on the like button, the next and next song will display the same green tick like this song is already added but it isn't. It's some kind of weird feedback.

I had this problem several times before and it disappeared probably with the latest updates. This problem is coming and going for the last 2 weeks.

Is there a solution in sight? Its been 3 weeks now and Spotify is adding tracks to the wrong playlists. 

Hi there @plazadelmar,

Thanks for the reply. Does this issue only happen on the iPhone you've mentioned? Could you provide us some screenshots and your Spotify version as requested by @Maria

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey Joan,

Providing screens with descriptions. This is happening on my iPhone 13, the latest OS. This problem has been coming and going for a long time. Im using Spotify version 8.8.80.570

1. Opening for example Discover Weekly playlist, playing the first song, adding it to a personal playlist called Easy Listening. Done

2. Next song from the Discover Weekly playlist, play it, like the song by pressing the like button, the song is automatically added to the Easy Listening playlist and not to liked songs.

3. The third dong from the Discover Weekly playlist for some reason acquired the activated liked button even though it was never added and is not in any playlist. All songs after also have highlighted the like button.

Screenshot_122.jpg

Hey @plazadelmar,

Thank you for the details and the visual representation of the issue!

To rule out any cache-related inconsistencies that may be causing this, would you mind removing your cache data to see if that would make any difference?

Follow the steps here to see how to do this 🙂

Keep us posted on how things go!

P.S. If clearing your cache makes no difference, we can also do a complete clean reinstall of the app which removes all app data from previous installations that may be causing what you're currently experiencing.

VasilModerator

Hello, I erased the app and reinstalled it. The problem still persists. What are the next steps?

Hey @plazadelmar,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info to better understand what's happening on your side. As mentioned previously, we'd like to check, can you replicate this behavior on a different iOS mobile device? It'd be awesome if you could check. If possible, you can ask for the device of a relative or friend, to open it there and check.

On another note, does this happen if you open a different account on your mobile device? It'd be really helpful if you could check. You can ask, if possible, for the account of a relative or friend to open it on your device and check.

Lastly, we really appreciate the very detailed explanation you kindly sent us, but, would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

So it worked, for a day. I followed your steps to find a source to the problem and I have more information to share with you.

1. can you replicate this behavior on a different iOS mobile device? I used another device iPhone 14 Pro with working Spotify account of another person. I signed in with my account and I could replicate the same behavior which means the error is connected to my account and not the mobile. 

2. does this happen if you open a different account on your mobile device? I asked the person to log in to her Spotify account on my mobile and everything worked for her as expected. After switching back to my account the problem was gone, for a while and today, a few days later the problem is back, adding liked tracks to random playlists.

3. would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? Yes, of course. I recorded a short clip showcasing the erroneous behavior where I'm adding the track to a playlist and when I like the next song, the song is added to the last playlist and not to the liked songs playlist. I hope this makes sense.  

Link to recording: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yq7v74y4i94n9knnvghzo/RPReplay_Final1700223677.mov?rlkey=6caa2k91liv6...

Hey @plazadelmar,

Many thanks for the detailed description!

As we cannot open Dropbox links from here though, could please send us a link to a Google Drive where we can view the file?
Youtube links would work as well. Just keep in mind to set the availability for both to public when sharing 🙂

Once we have that, we'll be able to alert the right folks and check what can be done.
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator

Hey @plazadelmar

Thanks for sending us this info. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening on your playlist called "Ambientone"? We saw on the screen recording you sent that it is a large playlist. Does the same happen if you split that playlist into smaller ones? 

Additionally, does your Liked songs playlist have a lot of songs as well? 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I did the same with a smaller playlist, approx 20 songs and same error persisted. My liked list is big, approx 9100 songs

Hey @plazadelmar

Thanks for your reply. 

Keep in mind that having large playlists can have an impact on the app's performance. To avoid this, we suggest splitting your large playlists into smaller ones (including Liked songs) to ensure an optimal performance.

If this doesn't do the trick, even though we know it's not ideal, you can try creating a new account. If everything works well there, you can cancel your subscription on your current account and then transfer your content to the new one. Afterwards, you'll be able to close the old account to avoid any future mix-ups. If you decide to do this, you will lose your listening history. 

We understand if you don't want to do this, in this case we suggest that you keep the app and device up to date for any possible improvements in the future. 

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni,

I used Spotify for many years, and losing my playlists because you can't deliver would probably make me switch to another company. My performance seamlessly integrates with the cutting-edge technology in my surroundings, functioning flawlessly. I propose that Spotify elevate its standards and proactively deliver innovations, lest it risk being overshadowed by the rapid pace of technological evolution. 

Hey @plazadelmar,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info shared.

We really appreciate the time you take to report this and we apologize for any issues you've encountered. We hope the problem might be fixed in future updates, nonetheless, this seems to be account related based on the troubleshooting you've kindly tried so far.

We completely understand where you're coming from and why you don't want to create a new account, we get this is not ideal. Our aim is to continue to improve the app in every way we can. We really appreciate your feedback, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator

Hello, I'm having the same issue with songs I hit like on being added to my last modified playlist. You are proposing that we users create new accounts and smaller playlist as a workaround for dealing with the developer team's ineptitude. I hope you realize how ridiculous that sounds. To me it sounds like this service needs to be completely reworked. You're a huge company, with huge revenue, it would not be hard to build a more optimized app with all that money. Instead you're adding "features" like combining the Like Song and Add To Playlist buttons, which makes about as much sense as combining the Start and Popcorn buttons on a microwave. If your words even have a single ounce of impact in what happens to the app, I implore you to ask the Spotify team to stop adding features nobody asked for that change how the app works for no reason. It's clearly breaking things, and making people unhappy. Thank you!

Plan

Premium Duo

Country
Germany

Device

Motorolla g23 & Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 & Android

My Question or Issue

Is it any way possible to like songs with 1 click anymore? I've had put a lot of time into organizing my liked songs into thematic playlists. Now when I want to check if a Song is already part of my liked songs & sorted playlists I need to klick 3 (2 on pc) times to check if the song is already a liked song or just in one of the random playlists I've listened to for a few times.

This new "Add to Playlist" function also now makes it impossible to view songs we've "Liked" in playlists. The green heart is gone, and now we have an endless list of songs in a playlist that no longer display I've we've ever liked/hearted them.

Epic facepalm Spotify. Way to take something that was working just fine, and break it. 😞

Suggested posts