Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Ok Google play music" in french always play the same song from the same playlist

"Ok Google play music" in french always play the same song from the same playlist

I use Google Nest Audio with french language to give the command to play music. Since a few weeks now, the command always play the same song from the same playlist that are not my own, even if the song is not in my library or liked by me. I've found that if I give the command in english, everything is fine. Here's the tests I've made:

• "OK Google, joue de la musique" will play the same song from the same playlist.
  • "OK Google, play music" will continue to play the song that was last played. This is the behavior that is expected.

To test further, I tried to give the command "OK Google, joue de la musique aléatoirement" (equivalent to "play music and shuffle"). This time, instead of shuffling the songs, it continue to play the song that was last played.

To solve the problem, I tried these without any success:

• Factory reset Google Nest Audio
  • Uninstall/Reinstall Spotify on my phone
  • Clear the cache of Spotify on my phone
  • Unlink Spotify from Google Nest Audio

I think there's a real problem with the french commands since a few weeks. It was working good since one year!

Any idea?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52 + Google Nest Audio

Operating System

Android 12

7 Replies

Hey @alexjobi,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the late reply.

We see you've already did a lot of troubleshooting, kudos for that! Would it be possible to send us a link to the track that gets played every time you say the command in French? To copy it:

1. Open your the app on your phone while the song is playing on the Google Nest Audio.
  2. Navigate to the Now playing view.
  3. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
  4. Choose Share and then Copy link,

We look forward to your reply.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi!

Here's the link you asked. For some reason, today, the song that always play have changed. I will give you the new one and the old one that I had for weeks!

New one (Bazooka - Sir Pathétik)

https://open.spotify.com/track/5xYL1d3527CIXxeOEyoGPO?si=2cLT0gIET-6uffk4w0QdbA&utm_source=native-sh...

Old one (Je joue de la guitare - Jean Leloup)

https://open.spotify.com/track/1cxbjuMMqQ5P8vibr3itXn?si=aeh-WQBQT4qVZuaWlTddzQ&utm_source=native-sh...

Hey @alexjobi,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you prepare a video recording of the experience? We'd also need the Spotify version you're using. We'll then relay the info to our tech team for review.

In the meantime we'd also ask you to check if any 3rd party apps have access to your Spotify account. Try disconnecting them to see if this makes a difference. You can do this through your account page here

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Here's a recording that show how the english commands react versus de french ones.

Spotify for Android v8.7.72.546

Nest Audio v1.56.309385

Hey @alexjobi,

Thanks for sending over the video.

We've forwarded the information to our developers, however please be aware that we can't confirm if or when it will be reviewed. In the meantime, make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out.

MihailYModerator

Great.. Will you update this thread if a solution come out from your developers?

Hey @alexjobi,

Thanks for your reply.

Any new information we have regarding this issue will be posted here, yes.

In the meantime, keep us posted on any changes in its behavior and the song that starts playing when you give the command.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts