Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 12

A song I've listened to twice has been stuck at the top of my On Repeat play list for months. 

A few months ago I was listening through some songs I enjoyed as a teenager. About once every year or two I take this trip down memory lane, but it's not a regular occurrence by any means. For the past 3 months one of the mentioned songs has been stuck right at the top of my on repeat playlist, beating out songs I listen to daily, even though I've probably listened to it twice this year 

Now I assumed maybe it's because this song is in a genre I don't usually listen to, but that's not the case either. It seems like no matter what I do, this song (that frankly I'm not even very fond of) is stuck on my on repeat playlist, my top monthly tracks, and I'm worried it will be on my wrapped as well, despite the fact that I haven't listened to the song in months. Also, as a closing remark there is no suspicious activity on my account. This is purely an algorithm issue. 

Any help, or input would be appreciated. I know this issue is trivial but it's just driving me crazy. 

1 Reply

Hi there @Moonunit1,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The songs you get in playlists like "On Repeat" depend on your general listening activity and can't be influenced manually, but there are a few things you can do to get recommendations you enjoy. 

Keep listening to your favorite tracks and they should appear in such playlists more often. If you do decide to take a stroll down memory lane, you can switch on Private Session. In this mode nothing you listen to will influence your recommendations algorithm. It might also help if you remove the song that's stuck from your Liked Songs. You can also try adding other songs you enjoy to your Liked Songs, as this should shake things up.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts