Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Takedown Notification" mail

"Takedown Notification" mail

hello I have received emails that my playlists have been removed.
"Hello,

We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.

(playlist url)
Regards,

Spotify"

I got an e-mail like this and I'm changing the name of my playlist, I'm changing its picture, this e-mail keeps coming, I don't think I've violated anything, why is this?
6 Replies

Hey @Emirdm

Thanks for stopping by the Community!

We understand that such takedown of your playlists can be frustrating. Such notification email is received when your playlist has been reported as violating the content policies - it could be some wording in the title, or some issue with the image you've used for it. Keep in mind that the system does this automatically when a report is filed and the reports are initiated by other users.

To our regret this feature often times gets misused by certain users and therefore other users have gathered here with an Idea to change how this algorithm works. Feel free to leave a vote there and share your feedback to support and eventual change in how this automated feature works. 

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi!
I have the same problem, how can I recover this playlist? I dont know what's my mistake, i think the image i've used but I wanna to change it and have my playlist back. Can you help me?
PS: I've found her and changed. Thanks anyway.

I got the following email from spotify with the subject "Takedown Notification" 

Hello,

We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.

spotify:user:1.maaz

Regards,

Spotify

Now, "1.maaz" is my username so i don't quite get what is it that they're taking down? 

I just got that, did anything happen?

Anything happening here? I am having a nonsensical exchange with support. Sounds like if someone complains, they just follow through without checking and there are bad actors out there.

Happens to me and my playlist is literally just called "FIFA 2010 world cup Soundtrack". I asked 6 advisors already and they literally close the chat without a word after looking into it. I bet FIFA got spotify in their pocket to keep removing other FIFA playlists or something like that, otherwise they wouldnt act like im Edward Snowden when I ask what rule I am apparently violating.

Suggested posts