Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

spotify keeps throwing random songs into my mixes that i don't like

spotify keeps throwing random songs into my mixes that i don't like

my decade mixes have been really weird for the last week with random songs and artists that i don't like or have never listened to . most of my music is alternative , from metal to punk to goth and ive been getting random Spanish music in my 2010s mix despite never playing anything like that , random rap and bassline stuff in my 90s mix that just doesn't fit with all the other music in there . i can't see what would have triggered these recommendations when my mixes have always been really accurate before
5 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Ultimately, just like other auto-generated playlists, the Daily Mix is based on your past music habits. While yes, it includes music from artists you follow, new releases from similar artists are also added in. The more you listen to your favorite content, the better recommendations you'll get. You can also select the songs that you don't like and choose the "Hide this song" option. Likewise, you can like the songs/albums you do like by clicking on the heart icon. This will help the suggested playlists/albums to be updated so it can include more personalized results. We also suggest taking a look at this article for tips on how to improve your Made for You playlists. 

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Im having the same issue,spanish music and russian musics just appearing on my daily mixes,but the recently played dont show any of these musics being played which is weird. 

I changed my password again and logged out of any platform . 😕

Hi there @ChuckRodriguez,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

So we can check, could you send a screenshot of your recent Daily Mixes, where we can see the songs that are included? Additionally, log in with your account from a different device and see if you still see the same Daily Mixes.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Joan wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Ultimately, just like other auto-generated playlists, the Daily Mix is based on your past music habits. While yes, it includes music from artists you follow, new releases from similar artists are also added in. The more you listen to your favorite content, the better recommendations you'll get. You can also select the songs that you don't like and choose the "Hide this song" option. Likewise, you can like the songs/albums you do like by clicking on the heart icon. This will help the suggested playlists/albums to be updated so it can include more personalized results. We also suggest taking a look at this article for tips on how to improve your Made for You playlists. 

Hope this clears things up.

Spotify pushes me placeholder spam all the time, i tried to ask support about this but they ignored i think Spotify start to do range for money + not care on seo attacks against suggestions algorithm. Next year will show results of feeding back suggestions without much diversity by reducing subscriptions.

I'm actually with you on this. I started noticing some weird songs completely unrelated pop up in my freaking song radios that I specifically create to play music from that era - I am old school so I know when I hear it, and then it injects**bleep** from like 2020 or recent in there. I really wish Spotify would stop trying to inject music to the masses like this for monetary gain and just do what they claim they aim to do, which is provide relevance to each user, tuned to their taste. I get this stuff is not always accurate either, and anyone can make that argument but honestly I'm not buying it so much anymore, especially after seeing all the political propaganda I saw on my releases for you banner last year. Kinda bs if you ask me.

Suggested posts