Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

why can't I view video podcasts?

why can't I view video podcasts?

I noticed that I cannot view video podcasts on my mobile and desktop apps.
I know it's as simple as going into the podcast, selecting an episode and I should be prompted to view the video, but I don't have any options of viewing it.
I am suspicious that this might be a regional thing, but honestly, if that's the case that would be pretty stupid. I just wanted to confirm that.
Let me know what you think, please.
8 Replies

Hey @Andy1937,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you please let us know which podcast you are listening to? 

Note that not all of the Podcasts on Spotify have videos. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi there Lyubka,

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to watch the Joe Rogan podcast, and I've been seeing and hearing that it should have a video attached to it. But as I said in my initial question, I can't seem to access the videos of those podcasts.

Hopefully, this is enough info.

Hey @Andy1937,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you make sure you're not using the data saver option turned on? You can find it in the settings.

Are you connected to a mobile data network or a wifi one?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi there Dian,

I just checked the data saver option is turned off on my mobile device, and I couldn't find the same option on the desktop app. Instead, there was a setting called (Auto Adjust Quality).

Even with those options turned off, I still could not view the podcast. It was an audio version only.

On my desktop I am connected through an ethernet cable, and on my mobile device it's wifi + mobile data. On my PC I am getting up to 600 MB/S speeds and on my mobile divide 100+ MB/S so I think the internet speed is not an issue.

Let me know if you have any clue on how to fix this.

Thanks

Hi there @Andy1937,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if you can watch other video podcasts with video streaming or are they not working, just like the episodes on the JRE? We've received reports that some episodes of the JRE don't load video for a number of users globally. 

This will help us narrow down the issue, since we've exhausted other troubleshooting related to your app and connection.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there Alex,

I have just tried to watch the "Call her Daddy" and the "H3" podcasts. The latest episodes, just to check if I can or not.
And sadly, I cannot view either of those podcasts' videos. It seems that the issue is connected to my account somehow.

Hey @Andy1937,

Can you please try again with a new account so we can narrow down the possible cause?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The replies are all scripted and there is no solution. Have you guys taken down the videos from the Joe Rogan Podcast? He is exclusively available on the Spotify platform so why not here? Moderators at Spotify care to provide the relevant answers to the queries mentioned here. 

Suggested posts