Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[0.7.4] Spotify crashing since the last update

Solved!

[0.7.4] Spotify crashing since the last update

Keep crashing on start up. Can't get into the application. I have deleted and re-installed the application, and still the same result. I have iPad 2 display 6.1.3 iOS. and an iPhone 5 on 6.1.4 iOS Please help.

Super user edit - added client version to title.

77 Replies

Exact same problem. And exact same circumstance. Spotify was, no doubt, going to be the only glimmer of light in my roadtrip tomorrow morning. Not to mention I already had a sweet playlist set up for the occasion. When i tried to re-install it and it still crashed everytime i opened it, I installed the iOS 4 version of spotify which is like a separate app. I can't "Discover" cool music suggested to me intuitively by my premium Spotify that i pay $10 a month for with the iOS 4 version, but it will get the job done tomorrow in the car. First world problems in the most devastating way.

Works in flight mode, crashes when enabling wi-fi again.

The iPhone app consistently crashes on startup. When I open the app I'll see the 3-dots loading animation for a moment - then the app crashes.

I'm on an iPhone 5 with IOS 6.1.4. I've tried deleting / reinstalling and restarting the iPhone - same results.

Marked as solution

Today's update for iOS (September 3rd) is crashing on startup - on my brand new iPad mini.

I'm paying for the monthly subscription, and the app is now useless.

Spotify, you're better than this. What's the deal?

Can you put the old version back on the app store until you get your act together?

Same issue. Since update today , Spotify app crashes altering attempting to start, right after showing the 3 dots. I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4S , both on 6.1.2.. Oddly, the Spotify app labeled "Spotify for iOS 4" does work, and that is my current workaround until this bug is fixed. Was looking forward to the new features. Please fix soon!

Same issue.  Spotify works on neither my iPhone or iPad.  They both immediately crash on startup.  Both worked on the previous version.  

Just chiming in, I am using an iPad 2 and my app has been crashing for about a month as well. I don't see dots, just a blanknscreen. It freezes, then crashes.

Resetting, hard resetting, and changing my region did not help.

Does anyone ever actually respond to these questions? or does this "community" exist because Spotify thinks we're stupid/

Same problem here, crashes right on startup on iPad mini and iPhone 5. Maybe I should start looking at some alternatives.

What grinds my gears is: Did anyone actually test this before uploading it to the App Store... I cannot believe none of the developers has access to the configurations where this is happening.

SAME! So frustrating...help, spotify!!!

In the meantime, does anyone recommend other, similar music subscription service(s)?

I have the same problem to but not my wife. We have both have an iPhone 5 and yesterday we update spotify to the latest version. My crash but my wife´s works fine. I deleted iphone and reinstalled all apps from my icloud copy and it works. But then i got the update message from appstore again and i try again but it still crash! Can you solve this issue? I downloaded the spotify version for iOS 4 and it works.

same problem here.. (iPhone 3gs, iOS 6.1) but i found out if u create a new account it works... 

I think spotify have to draw back this update/ or let us with problems download the version before the update. New account could work but i have to move playlist what a job!!

The latest IOS upgrade 0.7.4  for my IPhone 4s ( IOS 6.1.3) does not work I I log on it it trys to work then it just goes off. I have tried several times to delete the App switch phone off and on again upload the App but the same thing. version 0.7.2 worked fine

The only way I can use Spotify on my IPhone at the moment is using Spotify ios4......Any ideas?

Thanks 

Hi there and welcome to the community 🙂

This is a known bug. I've merged your thread with the older thread 😉

Liam

Hi there!

I've merged this thread with a bigger thread, to keep all messages together 🙂

Liam

Thank you for keeping us up-dated, Liam.

If this is a known bug, when are you going to fix it, and how will you be compensating us for a paid service that isn't working?

Thank you.

By known bug I mean the community team know about it and it is being directed to the correct channels.

The app team should know about it soon, if not already and are probably working on getting this issue fixed right now.

I'll see about getting an update from the community team, however they may not be able to give an update - so don't be disappointed if they say that they know about the issue and are working on it 😉

Liam

Well, thank you for the fast explanation.

Why can't you just go back to the previous version, then?

And, if there's going to be a longer delay in getting this fixed, then that's all the more reason for compensation.

I don't work for Spotify, so I can't answer that question 😉

Liam

Suggested posts