Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2 things that really need to get fixed on the spotify app for iOS.

2 things that really need to get fixed on the spotify app for iOS.

Hi, I have 2 complaints about the spotify app on my iPhone 4S.

First of all, why do we not have the option to "set the same volume level for all tracks" on the app? Mostly old songs are very low and some local files on my computer. I can't raise the volume on my phone every time a song is a lot lower than the other, plus some songs are so low that when I raise the volume to max it's barely enough.

The other thing is that the app will not sync my .mp3 local tracks from my computer to my iPhone, some songs get synced and some don't which I find very annoying.

1 Reply

Hi,

In response to your first complaint about the setting you want implemented:

If you feel strongly about this, you should probably suggest it by reviewing it on the app store with your recommendation in the text, or send it as a suggestion via the help page). However, this feature is very difficult to make, as not only must spotify play the song at that point; it must also have a default song volume, scan the volume range of all the songs in your playlist, and then adjust the volumes for said songs accordingly to make them match the default template.

In response to your second complaint about the failure to sync your local .mp3 files:

This is not normal by the way, Spotify should be able to sync all your local files to your iPhone, provided a few things are true.

1) You should make sure that the directory/folder you store your music files in is indexed by spotify (go to edit>preferences>local files and add the folder your .mp3 files are in to it).

2) Then add the songs in the local files section under the 'Collection' Tab by dragging and dropping them into a playlist (New playlist, name the playlist, then drag your local files into said playlist). You might not necessarily have to do this but I find that not all my local files show up in spotify for iPhone unless they're in a pllaylist.

3) Make sure your iPhone is connected to your computer. You can do this my checking that your iDevice is showing up in the 'Devices' section in the sidebar.

4) Enable offline syncing on the playlist that you put your local files in on your iPhone (making sure both spotify for iPhone and spotify on your computer/Mac is launched), leave it, and it should sync all the local files you have put in the playlist.

Hopefully this will fix your problem with the .mp3 local files not sycing.

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can do to help 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts