Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify radio stops and starts playing every few seconds on iPhone 4 over G3

Hi all, This has just started and is really really annoying !! I have tried the fix i.e. delete the app - reboot iPhone - re install the App no good I also quit all push notifications and gapless play is anyon else haing this problem ?? I have the la...

• Regular
  • Hi all, This has just started and is really really annoying !! I have tried the fix i.e. delete the app - reboot iPhone - re install the App no good I also quit all push notifications and gap...
  • xenia2012
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Limited length of messages?

Hey guys,when I wanted to share a track with a friend of mine (we're both using Facebook to login) I noticed that there's a limit regarding the length of the message: My messages may not exceed 128 characters or I cannot send it. It's 2013 and this i...

• Hey guys, when I wanted to share a track with a friend of mine (we're both using Facebook to login) I noticed that there's a limit regarding the length of the message: My messages may not exceed 1...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

IPod - I have a premium membership but spotify is saying my 'trial' is over???

I am unable to access synced music offline on my Ipod since the Spotify app says my free 30 day trial is over, however I have a premium membership. This problem does not extend to my laptop or iPhone which are working fine. How do I fix the problem?

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to access synced music offline on my Ipod since the Spotify app says my free 30 day trial is over, however I have a premium membership.   This problem does not extend to my lapto...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Forgot password -

I have a Spotify Premium abb. I have used Spotfy on my PC and now i wish to use it on my Iphone 5. I have installed it on my phone and asked for username and password. I cant fint my password. I payed with card and i cant remember ta have received a ...

• I have a Spotify Premium abb. I have used Spotfy on my PC and now i wish to use it on my Iphone 5. I have installed it on my phone and asked for username and password. I cant fint my password. I pa...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working despite active account

Spotify won't work despite having an active account. Everytime I select a track it says I need Premium when I'm a paid up unlimited member. Have tried reinstalling the app and still no joy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• Spotify won't work despite having an active account. Everytime I select a track it says I need Premium when I'm a paid up unlimited member.  Have tried reinstalling the app and still no joy. &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain tracks won't play on iPhone

Some tracks from the Josh Garrels album "Love & War & The Sea In Between" won't play on my iPhone. They work fine on my desktop, and show up black on playlist on phone yet they just won't play. I have them downloaded also for offline play. I tried re...

• Some tracks from the Josh Garrels album "Love & War & The Sea In Between" won't play on my iPhone.  They work fine on my desktop, and show up black on playlist on phone yet they just won...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can I listen to my star track (which is public) at the same time someone else is?

While listening to my "star" playlist on Spotify, the playback stopped and I got the message: "Spotify stopped because this account is being used by someone else". Then I noticed in place of where my name appears under the playlist title it said "by ...

• Regular
  • ...lace of where my name appears under the playlist title it said "by (10 digit #)" What is that? The fone # of the person playing my track?  the track is set to public
  • motwins22
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

cant login to premium account.. worked this morning

Worked fine this morning.. now only radio works.. says I have a premium account.

• Worked fine this morning.. now only radio works.. says I have a premium account.
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't stream

Had premium for got to switch credit cards so it got canceled and now I just reneed it and now I can't stream music says I need to upgrade which I did already

• Had premium for got to switch credit cards so it got canceled and now I just reneed it and now I can't stream music says I need to upgrade which I did already
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working

Yep bought premuim and it's not working at all.... its under my email [snip - email]

• Yep bought premuim and it's not working at all.... its under my email [snip - email]
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium not working on iPhone

Hello! I recently got the "Try Spotify Premium for 30 days" (want to try before I buy) but it dosen't seem to work on my iPhone 4 iOS 6.1. I have the latest update and everything is good. On my PC it works, but on my iPhone, when I search for a song,...

• Visitor
  • Hello! I recently got the "Try Spotify Premium for 30 days" (want to try before I buy) but it dosen't seem to work on my iPhone 4 iOS 6.1. I have the latest update and everything is good. On my PC it...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify requires login on offline mode

If I select offline mode, or even if I'm just not connected to the internet, and close the app and re-open it, it asks for me to login......why?

• Regular
  • If I select offline mode, or even if I'm just not connected to the internet, and close the app and re-open it, it asks for me to login......why?
  • MadisonTomlinso
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium not working on iPhone5

I signed up for the free 30 day premium trial last week, with full intentions of proceeding after the trial is up. Unfortunately, my phone's mobile app has not synced since I signed up for this. I did the 48 hour trial before and it worked ok, but no...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for the free 30 day premium trial last week, with full intentions of proceeding after the trial is up. Unfortunately, my phone's mobile app has not synced since I signed up for this. I di...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone App - Premium Account doesn't work!!!

Same as Topic Subject. I've already unistalled and re-installed the app but nothing changed. Can someone help me?

• Casual Listener
  • Same as Topic Subject. I've already unistalled and re-installed the app but nothing changed.   Can someone help me?
  • savanatheone
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium subscription not working.

I subscribed to the free premium subscription and its not working.

• Casual Listener
  • I subscribed to the free premium subscription and its not working.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving playlists with songs already on the iphone device

I am trying to understand whether or not Spotify saves duplicate copies of songs in my Spotify playlists that already reside on my iPhone for a premium subscription. For example, if I make a playlist in Spotify for an album, and I already have one of...

• I am trying to understand whether or not Spotify saves duplicate copies of songs in my Spotify playlists that already reside on my iPhone for a premium subscription.  For example, if I make a pl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Music and other apps

Hey Guys, is there a chance that I can listen to my offline-spotify lists with other apps like apples music app or in:play music app? greetings

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Guys,   is there a chance that I can listen to my offline-spotify lists with other apps like apples music app or in:play music app?   greetings
  • hadschii
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ipad 2 offline mode continues to clock on playlist screen

If my ipad is not on wifi and Spotify is in offline mode on the column that shows my playlists it continues to give me the circle as if it's still clocking. If I am in offline mode why does it continue to do this? I can still access my playlists and ...

• Casual Listener
  • If my ipad is not on wifi and Spotify is in offline mode on the column that shows my playlists it continues to give me the circle as if it's still clocking.  If I am in offline mode why does it ...
  • shelley6170
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify scrobbles wrong tracks from iPod Classic

I have Spotify synchronize my iPod Classic (current generation) and while everything works so far, I noticed that when I connect the iPod a number of tracks are being scrobbled to my Last.fm account - only that Spotify sends a seemingly random list o...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify synchronize my iPod Classic (current generation) and while everything works so far, I noticed that when I connect the iPod a number of tracks are being scrobbled to my Last.fm account ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't play for more than a second

I seem to have several problems at the moment with Spotify which is making it almost impossible to use at the moment,my first problem which I've been experincing for a week or so now is that songs might skip or stop whenever I move,and it still skips...

• I seem to have several problems at the moment with Spotify which is making it almost impossible to use at the moment,my first problem which I've been experincing for a week or so now is that songs mi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes