Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free spotify only in desktop?

Solved!

Free spotify only in desktop?

Help out a blonde neewbie! Is it really so, that in order to play Spotify (stream, listen, what ever) on my iPad Mini, I need the Premium account? No use for the iOs app for a free account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Eeppu wrote:
Help out a blonde neewbie! Is it really so, that in order to play Spotify (stream, listen, what ever) on my iPad Mini, I need the Premium account? No use for the iOs app for a free account?

Hi, and welcome to the community!

That is correct, to stream on a mobile device, a Spotify premium subscription is required; however you can get a 30 day trial if you want to try it out 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

@Eeppu wrote:

That is correct, to stream on a mobile device, a Spotify premium subscription is required; however you can get a 30 day trial if you want to try it out 🙂

Anthony

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

It should also be noted that the iOS app DOES serve a purpose for free members, you can use the radio feature!

@CamSchnackel wrote:

It should also be noted that the iOS app DOES serve a purpose for free members, you can use the radio feature!

Only in the US 😉 

You need premium to login in every other country!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I kinda have the same question. As I understand that spotify is free on my mac but I don't want to use spotify on my computer at all, i have iPad mini built in my car and I would like to use it only on my ipad mini. Is there any possibility to use it on my ipad mini instead of mac?

I'm from estonia.

Unfortunately, to use it on any mobile device (even if you only plan on using mobile), it is a requirement to attain a premium subscription.

So in response to your question, you need to have a premium subscription to do that.

Anthony 🙂

Suggested posts