NEXT STEP

30 Second Stop on All Platforms

30 Second Stop on All Platforms

Plan

Premium Family Plan

Country

USA

Device

Iphone14 Pro Mx (iOS16.2), Dell Inspiron Laptop/Tablet Windows 11 Pro, iPhone Xr iPhone 16.1.1)

My Question or Issue

Every platform stops playing music after 30 seconds, both iPhone and Windows. Music is paused,  I can hit play and resume but will only play 30 seconds regardless of song / playlist. I have tried I think all options (cleared cache, deleted / reinstalled, stopped link to Alexa, several others and everything I could find in other chats. My primary intent is to use iPhone but also validated same issue on Windows. It occurs on all 3 devices so I assume issue is not specific to any device. Other family members on account do not have issue. I have reset my password a couple times as well. No help. This has been a few months and I am very frustrated but with others on account holding back from deleting account. Help please?

8 Replies

Hey Tim so if music on Spotify is stopping after 30 seconds on all of your devices, including iPhone and Windows, and you have already tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the app, and resetting your password, there are a few other things you can try:

1. Check your internet connection. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it can cause playback issues. Make sure you have a stable internet connection while listening to Spotify.

2. Try logging out of your account and logging back in. This can sometimes resolve playback issues.

3. Check that you have the latest version of the Spotify app installed on all of your devices.

4. Try disabling any firewalls or security software that may be blocking the Spotify app from connecting to the internet.

It's also worth noting that if other family members on your account do not have the same issue, it may be related to your specific account’s settings; in which case the settings you should check are:

1. Playback settings: Check the playback settings on your device to make sure they are set up correctly. For example, on an iPhone, go to Settings > Music > Playback and make sure the "Crossfade" and "Gapless Playback" options are turned off.

2. Audio quality: Check the audio quality settings on your device to make sure they are set up correctly. For example, on the Spotify app, go to Settings > Music Quality and make sure the "Streaming" and "Download" options are set to the highest quality available.

3. Offline mode: If you have enabled Offline mode on the Spotify app, make sure you have downloaded the songs or playlists you want to listen to before going offline.

4. Volume settings: Check the volume settings on your device and on the Spotify app to make sure they are not set too low.

5. Crossfade settings: If you have enabled Crossfade on the Spotify app, make sure it is set to a value that allows for seamless playback without interruptions.

If you have checked these settings and are still experiencing issues with playback, there may be an issue with your account or with the Spotify app itself.

kind of a lot lol 

Hoped to have helped,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My music stops every 30 seconds. it started 2 days ago.

Plan

Premium

Country

AUS

Device

iPad Pro 11 "

Operating System

iOS 16. 3.1

My Question or Issue

I honestly thought it was because my ip ad needed an update, but I did and then nothing changed. I have deleted and reinstalled the app,I have changed the password and honestly I just need help In fixing this.

Hey I have the same issue. Do you perhaps know who I could contact to resolve?

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for your post.

Does this happen only on your iPad or you've experienced in on other devices as well? 

We'd also like to know if you're using Discord. If so, it's important to note that other users here have found this to be the cause of the issue. Head here to see what they've found to be helpful in this case. 

On another note, did you try any of the steps that @Prague suggested?

We'll be on the lookout for your update. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi! I’m Tia and I’ve had issues with Spotify since last night I’ve done all the suggested from above and nothings working it get a up to 30-35 seconds max and no matter what deleting the app reinstalling it just won’t work and I’ve updated it and everything I friend on 2 different phones and I have tried on an Xbox which was originally how I found the problem I’m on a iPhone XR and and Xbox new generation Xbox please help? 

Hey @TiaCooperX0X ,

Thanks for posting in the Community. 

Could you please take a look at my previous reply and share the information that I've requested?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I just cleared the cache, turned off mobile data and then turned on wifi and it finally worked.  I then changed back to mobile data and away it went.  Not sure how long it will play but for now it’s at the end of a song and now started a new song. Try it to see if it works for you.  I am on android 13 with Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone.  Seems like there could have been a glitche in one of the updates.

Last night I signed up for the Student plan of premium and ever since Spotify on my phone will randomly stop after a minute or so of music. It worked perfectly before I purchased Premium, and it works perfectly on my computer.  I have tried to clear cache, delete and reinstall app, restart phone, and sign out on all other devices.  When I play a song it will play fine for a minute or so and then stop, not pause but stop and I will have to go back into the Spotify app to play again (still stops). Please help I was really excited for premium but now I feel like I just wasted my money.  

Suggested posts