Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

8GB of Storage taken up by Spotify even though it's uninstalled

Solved!

8GB of Storage taken up by Spotify even though it's uninstalled

Hi

I'm having a massive issue and don't seem to be able to find any kind of support number or email for spotify.

I have used spotify premium for years but have, at least for the time being, decided to move to Apple Music. I always had my starred playlist set to "available offline" and, as a result, had around 8GB of music downloaded to my phone through spotify.

Despite having uninstalled spotify this storage is still unavailable for use on my phone. Even when I reinstalled it, switched all of my "available offline" playlists the space is still reserved. I then DELETED all of my spotify playlists and, guess what, the space is still unusable!

When I try to download my playlists on Apple Music, I now just get error messages constantly saying my device is full.

The official FAQ claims that cached data is available to be overwritten when another app needs it, but this is quite simply untrue!

Please Spotify, get this sorted out immediately or come back with a reasonable solution. I have been trawling forums all afternoon and can't find anything that works.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just thought I would jump back and leave a reply here, as I'm sure others will have this problem and perhaps will come across this topic.

I tried *everything* to solve this problem, from deleting the app, deleting playlists, plugging it into my PC and trying to use 3rd party software to directly access the file system on the phone etc etc etc and absolutely nothing works.

The only way to solve this issue is to perform a full factory reset of your device. Fortunately I don't store a lot of data on my phone other than music, so I just backed my photos, messages etc up with iCloud, wiped the phone and then re-downloaded all of my settings.

After this, Spotify was gone, and my 8GB of storage was back!

Don't get me wrong, I've loved Spotify for years, but this is really a massive oversight, especially when its clearly been an issue for years and has been flagged up by thousands of unhappy users over that time. As a result I've been left with a particularly bitter taste upon leaving and almost certainly won't be back as a result.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi!

Have your tried installing the app again and removing the app again? (preferebly via general settings>general>usage>[deleting spotify] )

I hope this helps!

What's a Spotify Rock Star?
Marked as solution

Just thought I would jump back and leave a reply here, as I'm sure others will have this problem and perhaps will come across this topic.

I tried *everything* to solve this problem, from deleting the app, deleting playlists, plugging it into my PC and trying to use 3rd party software to directly access the file system on the phone etc etc etc and absolutely nothing works.

The only way to solve this issue is to perform a full factory reset of your device. Fortunately I don't store a lot of data on my phone other than music, so I just backed my photos, messages etc up with iCloud, wiped the phone and then re-downloaded all of my settings.

After this, Spotify was gone, and my 8GB of storage was back!

Don't get me wrong, I've loved Spotify for years, but this is really a massive oversight, especially when its clearly been an issue for years and has been flagged up by thousands of unhappy users over that time. As a result I've been left with a particularly bitter taste upon leaving and almost certainly won't be back as a result.

Suggested posts