Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

Solved!

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

I just accidentally deleted two of my favourite artists from my favourite Daily Mix and would love to be able to re-add them to that Mix. I spend most of my time listening to that Mix and would be super sad without those two being in it. Is there a way to reverse my fat finger attack?
208 Replies

To everyone who would like something to be done to fix this problem:

This is posted on their suggestions forum here is the link.

It looks like this is something they are considering. If more people speak up and voice their opinions where it actually counts, the spotify team might actually put time into creating this feature. 

Follow the link (above) for an actual update on the current status of this feature.

Well that's good. At least they're considering something.

Deleted Daily Mix altogether by mistake, how can I re-suscribe? It doesn't appear in delete playlists section. Thanks

I've literally stopped using this awesome feature because of this gap. Please fix it! Daily mixes were amazing but without my favorite artist not so much.

Tell me by now the developers and the Spotify team have a fix for this issue? 

Please fix this, I thought the banner was an undo button

FIX NOW PLEASE

Ok. I'm in the same boat. Am loving the daily mixes...just started listening since the weekly mix was so good so often I didn't need anything else. So I wanted to know about a song... accidentally selected the delete song from list icon before I even knew the name of the song. Luckily I didn't undo the artist, too, but I'd like to know what I deleted. Maybe a "banned" or "blocked" list I can access as my taste evolves or my fingers continue to blunder? Anyway to identify or undo?
Thanks!

Vote here !!

Seems ridiculous you can banish an artist by a mi**bleep** of a touch screen but then can't reverse the action. THis would have to be a top priority in my mind. At least set up another go stop to make sure I understand I can not undo it and the artist is permanently removed from the mix. 

This feature is super unintuitive. I accidentally tapped it while trying to go to the album. The progress bar on the banner below pressures you to start tapping to stop the removal, only to completely ban the band from your daily mixes. I gotta say it's a great future...but horribly executed. Should be an "are you sure" pop-up AND a way to reverse the action.
I'm so bummed out by my daily mixes until this is fixed.

That's exactly what got me! Heard a great new song, went looking for the "go to album" dots, clicked remove song instead, which is where the dots usually are, but unlabeled. Bummer!

Same happened to me just now. Thought I was pressing the like button like on the radios but nope accidentally booked it and in the panic of trying to undo it I completely blocked the artist from my daily mix. Is there any update to this problem yet?

but if i added a baned artist to a playlist, will the song still play?

I've done it to! 😞 Any way to fix it yet?! Please...

Is this still not fixed?! It's been MONTHS since they said they were working on it. I removed my favorite bands and I use daily mix as a playlist everyday.

Agreed, I hope the dev team is jumping on this issue. I typically have a good experience with Spotify...but when it deleted my favorite artist from my playlist and didn't let me get it back...I was very let down and frustrated. Seriously, how did that experience get into the build? 

UX Fail.

can you please tell me that when you are going to add this feature to undo the dislikes on daily mix?

Same thing; heard a song I loved and wanted to add it to one of my playlists and they place the ban button in the same place as the go to album button normally is and it bans with no warning! At least have a pop up saying "Really remove song from Daily Mix?" Or "Really ban artist from daily mix?" And a simple undo.
Spotify in general has a not user friendly, really unintuitive interface.

Suggested posts