Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

Solved!

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

I just accidentally deleted two of my favourite artists from my favourite Daily Mix and would love to be able to re-add them to that Mix. I spend most of my time listening to that Mix and would be super sad without those two being in it. Is there a way to reverse my fat finger attack?
208 Replies

Half a year later and this still isn't fixed. And thanks to that, one of my favourite songs from lne of my favourite artists is permanently banned from my daily mixes. Bleeding awesome.

Man I hate how Spotify has half-baked features. DON'T add a banned button without an unbanned option. Period. That is programming 10freaking1. Accidentally banned two of my favorite artists and now I'm just pissed at Spotify.

What's worse is that there has been no response from Spotify and no action
taken to correct this terrible UX and functionality oversight in what is
one of their best premium features. I refuse to use the daily mixes even
though I really like them because of this glaring issue. I've been
following this thread since like November of last year!!! Pls fix soon

how do you mark this thread as UNSOLVED?!?!?!?

parisage

I want my song back!  Solution yet?

Seriously!? How do we fix this? No solution, is your solution? "Too bad" is your mentality? This attitude and lack of attention to detail is down right pitiful! Why is there not a list of the things we've banned (or loved) with an option to bring them back onto the mix? I pay for this! It is a seemingly simple fix. Daily mix was one of the only things i truly enjoyed about your service. Now I get a twinge of anxiety every time I want to use it. I don't know why I continue to pay for this, and I will not for much longer.

Add another one to the list.

Given that this is an issue that has cropped up in some form or another for the past 5 years, how on earth has it not been addressed? For a paid service, Spotify is ridiculously slow (as in, NEVER) at fixing obvious (and foreseeable!) UI and experience issues. This is frankly pretty unacceptable. 

I've just done the same 😞 accidently hit the button on my mobile phone which removed the track and then I somehow removed the artist! Please implement a feature to undo this,

Thanks. 

Ugh!
I just did this too!
Accidentally removed a song I love and then managed to ban the artist entirely from the mix! Nooooooo!
I love the daily mixes... there NEEDS to be an ability to undo banned songs/artists.
There are so many complaints on this thread by paying customers who are unhappy. Come on now...
PLEASE FIX!

This sucks, I've had the same problem everyone else has had. Bad UI design from the get go and no way to undo it? What a bummer.

Is anyone from spotify even going to chime in and adress this? 4-5 years, 50M paid subscribers and they can't address basica UI concerns like this? **bleep** are they doing over there, this is ridiculous. Extremely poor customer support (this in addition to their sudden inability to charge a credit card that I had been using for my account for months and being stuck using paypal).

I just did this same thing! The remove button is in a dumb place! Arggghhhh

PLEASE FIX THIS OBVIOUS DESIGN FLAW SPOTIFY!!! WHY NOT HAVE A "ARE YOU SURE?" STEP IN CASE YOU HIT THE CIRCLE SLASH BUTTON ACCIDENTALLY? PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY, THIS SHOULD BE CLASSIFIED AS HIGH PRIORITY! Thanks, otherwise the Daily Mix feature is fantastic....Bravo

Any update on this?  Just banned Andrew Bird from my heavily-influenced Andrew Bird mix. :C

Would love a fix. Pressed button and banner by accident. 😞

I have a sort of opposite problem, as there are a ton of artists I really hate on my daily mix, and I can't figure out how to delete them!

Please fix.

Just did this too. Can't get tutti frutti by new order back on my daily mix

Oh I'm gutted! I hit the x button by mistake thinking I was hitting repeat! This definitely needs to be fixed. I managed to find the song and add it to another play list but I wanna hear more by them

Half a year later, there is still no confirmation on deletion, no undo-button, no reverting this thread as "unsolved", no update on the voting (lots of links earlier in the thread) re even acknowledging they've erred. 

Seriously, we're +50M paying subscribers and at least a few of us actually like and use the Daily Mix feature (I've used it since introduced) and still suffer from the UI/UX flaw. 

We're not talking about uncorrectable errors here, surely somebody must be able to realize we're a reason they have the job they have.  I won't write rage-comments about "That's it, I'm leaving you for Tidal/Apple Music/Whatever" but the Spotify-brand isn't that high on my rate anymore and a disatisfied customer creates more [negative] buzz than a satisfied one..    -_-

Suggested posts