Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

Solved!

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

I just accidentally deleted two of my favourite artists from my favourite Daily Mix and would love to be able to re-add them to that Mix. I spend most of my time listening to that Mix and would be super sad without those two being in it. Is there a way to reverse my fat finger attack?
208 Replies

Come on Spotify!! Daily Mix isn't the same anymore, we need to be able to add artists!

Spotify please fix this-- it's a problem for a lot of people who use your service. If you accidentally do something on an application you should always be able to undo it.

Thanks

I did the same thing!! The delete is in a terrible location. It's exactly where the repeat usually is. I NEED TO UNDO!!! 😩😭😩😭

So upset...why put delete button at shuffle place and ban the artist banner where it should be an undo button...

Please we need to be able to undo this...

I also accidentally deleted (and then banned!) an artist I love from my daily mix and am devestated 😞

I know the feeling! Spotify please to sorts this out 😞

Same here 10 minutes ago !! And i discovered the dailymix 15 min ago.
It is really an ergonomic problem !
I think we are enough to complain about to prove it...

Also the button is located in the exact location where the repeat button. I've "banned" more than 5 of my favourite songs from the daily mix because I would instinctively click the button to hear my favourite song on repeat and would then realize it's a mix and not a playlist

Any update on this? It's an ongoing problem.

It's beggars belief that a large company such as Spotify cannot rectify a seemingly easy issue. There should be an "are you sure you want to block artist" screen at least. I pressed the button just out of curiousity.

Spotify, c'mon now, sort it out.

This was a massive and very glaring usability oversight since the very
introduction of the daily mix feature and it's been a while since then with
no change. I hope Spotify can fix it reasonably quickly it's my main and
only UI/usability concern.

It's funny because the UI displays a "loading bar" as if to give you time
to undo it, but no ability to to do so is available.

I just did it to my band VersaEmerge and I feel so bad!! Can't believe there was no back button or reverse. Spotify, please fix this. 😞

Sorry this isnt a solution at all.

Hardly any of them are solutions. They just want their music back on the playlist.

How has this been marked as "solved"?

Same here! Why put the block button where the repeat button has always been? Move the block button and this won't be as big of a heartbreaker. I'm guessing everyone here accidentally banned their favorite while trying to put it on repeat! This isn't a request for new functionality, it's a request to maintain consistency in the UX!

This answer surely doesn't mean the topic is "Solved" and it should not be marked as such. You're giving people false hope that they can get their music back in the daily mix! So frustrating, I stopped using the daily mix after this snafu.

Constantly churning out poorly thought through changes like this makes you think that Spotify's designers and developers are actually college students working on their first CompSci project...

Have the same problem... Accidentally deleted my favourite artist from the daily mix and now am unable to re-add them. Don't understand why the team at Spotify would make such a counterintuitive change to the user interface, but what irks me even more is the fact that they have not rectified the issue to date, despite there being a considerable amount of user dissatisfaction resulting from this. 

Spotify - as this is an issue which has clearly been ongoing for months, please rectify immediately or at least provide us with an option to reset banned artists.   

Jesus, guys, seriously. No confirmation, and no undo? So an accidental touch of an ambiguous icon permanently blows something away and there's no recovery? Fix it.

Suggested posts