Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Added songs to My Music but not showing under Artists

Added songs to My Music but not showing under Artists

To be more specific, after adding songs from original movie soundtracks or from albums with various artists to My Music, they only appear under Albums, not Artists.

For example, "All of the Stars" in the The Fault in Our Stars soundtrack won't appear under Ed Sheeran.

"Boom Clap" can only be found in "Songs" and "Albums" but not in Artists - I don't even have Charlie xcx in my Artists since that's the only song of hers I have in My Music...

not sure if it's relevant but I'm using iPhone 6 with iOS 8.2

Any quick fix for this? 

2 Replies

This happens when the artist of the album is listed as "Various Artists" or a different artist.

The song will only show up on the artist page of the main artist. Since Ed Sheeran is considered a "featured artist" it won't show up on his artist page.

It has always worked like this unfortunately. If I save a song by Zedd featuring Selena Gomez, it will only show up under Zedd in my artists and not Selena.

I just tested this out and all the songs I save from the fault in our stars album appears under the artist "The Fault in Our Stars".

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hmm...now that you mentioned it, I do see the fault in our stars in artists...

I understand why songs would appear under the main artist and not the featuring one (Zedd and Selina)

But listing the album name as the artist just doesn't make sense, especially when the names of the artists are shown under each song

I guess the only quick fix is to create a playlist of the artist yourself...which seems to be the solution to every problem I've had on spotify so far... 😕

Suggested posts