Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPhone 6 Syncing Problem

I recently began using Spotify Premium for the main reason that I can sync the music to my phone and use Spotify offline. However, I follow all the steps to turn my phone offline, and every single song in my inventory turns gray, and it tells me ever...

• I recently began using Spotify Premium for the main reason that I can sync the music to my phone and use Spotify offline.  However, I follow all the steps to turn my phone offline, and every sin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs don't sync anymore

HI, I have plenty of storage left, and I have tried restarting both the app and my iPhone 6 but for the past few months new songs that I have added are not syncing to then be played offline, as well as some older songs (seemingly random). I have a Pr...

• HI,   I have plenty of storage left, and I have tried restarting both the app and my iPhone 6 but for the past few months new songs that I have added are not syncing to then be played offlin...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes

After latest update spotify keep crashing on 5s 8.1.2 any solutions ?

• Casual Listener
  • After latest update spotify keep crashing on 5s 8.1.2 any solutions ?
  • Vismo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify SLOW on iPad since last update

Okay so since probably the 2.0 Soptify update, it's running extremely **bleep**ing slow on iPad. Works find on my iPhone 5 but not the iPad Air. And I am paying for Premium subscribtion but can't listen to no **bleep**ing music on iPad. I have a WiFi...

• Regular
  • Okay so since probably the 2.0 Soptify update, it's running extremely **bleep**ing slow on iPad. Works find on my iPhone 5 but not the iPad Air. And I am paying for Premium subscribtion but can't lis...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Temporary fix for sorting songs in playlists

Hello everyone, Since Spotify is taking their good time implenting the most simple function in a music player — Sorting of a playlist — I guess we, the users, have to work on getting around it. And I actually found a simple workaround: Open up your S...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   Since Spotify is taking their good time implenting the most simple function in a music player — Sorting of a playlist — I guess we, the users, have to work on getting around ...
  • mrcolonist
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify radio app

My spotify radio app keeps playing the same exact songs. Everytime I start the app I get the exact same song list. I've skipped as far ahead as 49 songs it's the exact same playlist everyday. I've tried logging out / in. Reinstalling the app etc. can...

• Visitor
  • My spotify radio app keeps playing the same exact songs. Everytime I start the app I get the exact same song list. I've skipped as far ahead as 49 songs it's the exact same playlist everyday. ...
  • Marceeee
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Abroad???

So basically, Spotify said "You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days." I'M NOT EVEN ABROAD GEEZ. It's the Canadian one, so maybe that's the problem? I don't know. Maybe because I used it at a different location (but still in my country) that's a c...

• Casual Listener
  • So basically, Spotify said "You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days." I'M NOT EVEN ABROAD GEEZ. It's the Canadian one, so maybe that's the problem? I don't know. Maybe because I used it at a diff...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to create playlists in folders after update

Hey, As you can see, I like to organise my Spotify display so I have a folder for all the artists in my "library", similar to iTunes (I've lost my itunes library twice now in the past two years) (this also helps for shuffling). Now since the update (...

• Roadie
  • Hey,   As you can see, I like to organise my Spotify display so I have a folder for all the artists in my "library", similar to iTunes (I've lost my itunes library twice now in the past...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Different playlists on PC contra IOS

Hi I have my normal playlists on my premiium subscription on the PC. When I log on to my iPhone 5S, on the same subscription - I am getting other playlistes that I dont recognize? What has happend? regards Marius

• Hi I have my normal playlists on my premiium subscription on the PC. When I log on to my iPhone 5S, on the same subscription - I am getting other playlistes that I dont recognize? What has happend? ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone syncing problem

Hi, I've been using spotify on my iphone 4 since a couple of years now and since them there is a problem that still persists today. I use to synchronize my songs before I go to work, but everyday some songs that appear as synchronized, I mean green, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've been using spotify on my iphone 4 since a couple of years now and since them there is a problem that still persists today.   I use to synchronize my songs before I go to ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resume Album

As a pre-cursor, I do 99.9% of my Spotify listening on my iPhone while in my car. My issue, which has plagued me for a while now, is that I enjoy listening to full albums, but my commute doesn't allow for a full album listening so I listen to half on...

• Casual Listener
  • As a pre-cursor, I do 99.9% of my Spotify listening on my iPhone while in my car. My issue, which has plagued me for a while now, is that I enjoy listening to full albums, but my commute doesn't allo...
  • chrisisabull
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search returning no results

My search has been returning no results for the past couple weeks. Mobile only. iOS. It gives me the "try again" button no matter what I search for. I seem to be able to stream music on playlists that isn't synced so I don't think it's a connectivity...

• Music Fan
  • My search has been returning no results for the past couple weeks. Mobile only. iOS. It gives me the "try again" button no matter what I search for. I seem to be able to stream music on playlists tha...
  • dmsuperman
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes about every 8-10 mins

Hi there, Spotify keeps crashing on my iPhone 6 - I change the song and it crashes, I reopen the app and it goes to the browsing page and when I select my songs again it crashes after the second song almost every time. It also randomly stops playing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, Spotify keeps crashing on my iPhone 6 - I change the song and it crashes, I reopen the app and it goes to the browsing page and when I select my songs again it crashes after the second ...
  • Emsimbeen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App navigation needs SERIOUS work.

Okay I don't know how this never occurred to anyone. Open up the app, hit an artist you like. You're listening to that album, so you go to their artist page and pick another. Maybe you like that so you navigate to a similar artist. Do that a few time...

• Music Fan
  • Okay I don't know how this never occurred to anyone.   Open up the app, hit an artist you like. You're listening to that album, so you go to their artist page and pick another. Maybe you lik...
  • ZachGates
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect from Laptop

Hi, I have Spotify Premium on both my laptop and iPhone. I'd like to use my laptop to change music on my iPhone (which is connected to a speaker). This mostly works fine - When I change music on my laptop, it plays on the iPhone. However, every time ...

• Hi,   I have Spotify Premium on both my laptop and iPhone. I'd like to use my laptop to change music on my iPhone (which is connected to a speaker). This mostly works fine - When I change mu...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

syncing music to ipod

Hi Guys, I have two ipods (older nano and ipod mini). Both of them show up in the menu under devices and are correctly recognised (names etc) but playlists are not syncing to the device. Playlists have white arrow in the corner and it seems that proc...

• Hi Guys, I have two ipods (older nano and ipod mini). Both of them show up in the menu under devices and are correctly recognised (names etc) but playlists are not syncing to the device. Playlists ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files are not remaining synced

Whenever I go through the process of syncing local files to my iPhone 6 and my iPad, the songs remain synced to playlist for a couple of days... And then without fail they magically grey out. And I'm not switching off the sync offline option on the m...

• Regular
  • Whenever I go through the process of syncing local files to my iPhone 6 and my iPad, the songs remain synced to playlist for a couple of days...   And then without fail they magically grey o...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Radio, playlists, and browse music greyed out in BMW ConnectedDrive

Everything's been working fine since the integration rolled out. At some point in the last few days it got screwed up. I think it was the latest Spotify update. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Casual Listener
  • Everything's been working fine since the integration rolled out. At some point in the last few days it got screwed up. I think it was the latest Spotify update. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • jdsx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Poor playback performance on T-Mobile LTE

Recently Spotify has been performing... poorly on my iPhone 5s and iPad mini 2 (both running up to date software.) At all quality levels songs will cut out, skip around, or jump to the next track. Even when I save songs, the tracks downloaded will ac...

• Recently Spotify has been performing... poorly on my iPhone 5s and iPad mini 2 (both running up to date software.) At all quality levels songs will cut out, skip around, or jump to the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Change Subscription & Payment

Hi, I cant change payment method from now iTunes to creditcard. When i click on update details nothing happening. This happens on my phone and my laptop. I am locked to pay by iTunes now Thanks! "You do not currently have a payment provider connected...

• Hi, I cant change payment method from now iTunes to creditcard. When i click on update details nothing happening. This happens on my phone and my laptop. I am locked to pay by iTunes now 😞   ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes