Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After running Spotify on Android everything slows or freezes

After running Spotify on Android everything slows or freezes

After running Spotify on Android for a while (maybe an hour or more) everything slows or completely freezes when I go back to using my phone. This happens consistently and only with Spotify. So I need to restart my phone after using Spotify nearly every time. I am about ready to cancel my subscription after many years because this problem is unacceptable. 

- Android 6.0.1 Nexus 5

3 Replies

This happened to my friend, but then he cleared anything unnecessary from his phone like any photos or videos he didnt need. Try clearing your cache also, and the problem may be that you have too many apps running during your use of spotify...i hope something helps!

Thanks, I got rid of a whole lot of apps, cleared the cache and made a lot more room. Still got the problem though 😕

One year later and I am still getting this problem. I find it so surprising that I am the only person in the entire world who owns a Nexus and has this problem with Spotify. After using the Spotify app for about 1/2 hour the phone gets slower until it freezes and the only way to get going again is to restart the phone. It keeps throwing up errors like "(suchandsuch app) has stopped responding. close/wait" or "SystemUI has stopped responding. close/wait". I have deleted apps, cleared space, cleared cache, done everything and Spotify still does this, even after all the updates over a year. And it's ONLY Spotify, no other app produces this problem. 

And strangest thing of all is that it seems like I am the only person in the world with this problem.

Suggested posts