Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airplay issues and the new app

Airplay issues and the new app

Since the newly redesigned app was pushed to the app store I have been experiencing ongoing issues with playing music on my HiF over AirPlay. By default, your new "preview" option is muted (see the screenshot) but when I am playing some musing and browsing the library, every time I scroll the new 'preview' comes on the speakers over the played music at the full volume. You didn't leave an option to revert to the old GUI which was intuitive and user-friendly. This one is not, I can't find my recently played libraries, my Spotify Weekly and Discovery are not where it was. I get it, improvements and all that (sic!) but the preview! MUST BE FIXED! I love Spotify but the new app experience sucks!

IMG_0867.jpg
9 Replies

Hi Yaskiersky, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the new Spotify app redesign. It can be frustrating when a new update changes the functionality of an app that you rely on.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue with the preview audio coming on over the HiFi speakers:

1. Check your AirPlay settings: Ensure that your HiFi speakers are selected as the output device for AirPlay. You can do this by going to your device's settings, selecting "AirPlay & Bluetooth," and then selecting your HiFi speakers as the output device.

2. Restart your devices: Try restarting both your device and your HiFi speakers to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Disable the "Autoplay" feature: The "preview" feature that you're referring to is likely the "Autoplay" feature. You can try disabling this feature by going to your Spotify settings, selecting "Playback," and then toggling the "Autoplay" feature off.

Regarding your concerns about the new app redesign, unfortunately, there is no way to revert to the old GUI as Spotify does not offer that option. However, you can provide feedback to Spotify through the app or on their website. They are continually working to improve their app and may consider feedback from users when making future updates.

-Prague the Dog

PragueRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Prague,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, the issue is not with the AirPlay because the music plays fine, what happens is when I browse through the home screen of the app while playing music in the background those new widgets, albeit on mute, play over my music on the full volume of the amp. I can control the volume of my music within the app or on the device but not those previews/widgets. The Autoplay you're referring to is a feature that plays something similar to what you've listened to after the playlist/album is finished. There was no issue for the last few years with the old version of the App. Those are not features/improvements I'm affraid.

IMG_0870.jpg

Thank you for clarifying the issue. It seems like a bug with the new app design. I recommend contacting Spotify customer support directly and explaining the issue in detail. They may be able to provide a solution or escalate the issue to their technical team for further investigation. You can contact Spotify support through their website or in the Spotify app by going to the "Help" section in the settings menu. I hope this helps!

That puppy,

-Prague

PragueRising Star

Already have been on the support chat today about that, was hoping someone else here may have similar issues. 

Thanks!

I’m having the same issue. It’s very frustrating! 

Ill tag this up and Float the topic, seems like we've got a few users experiencing the same issue.

Lets try to find an aswer,

-Prague the Dog

PragueRising Star

I’m having exactly the same issue. It’s super frustrating and almost makes listening via Airplay impossible. 

Fingers crossed for a fix soon. 

I can confirm that with the update 8.8.15 the issue seems to disappear. More so, those useless widgets/previews are now gone to my absolute content!
I hope that was not a beta channel on my account for a while because that ‘update’ wasn’t really an update. 

049CED8B-F947-44FF-B297-31983DB0950F.png

Everything looks good on my side after the update!

Thank you sir!

Suggested posts