Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album Search Results are Abridged on iPad

Album Search Results are Abridged on iPad

First of all, I would like to say that I have Spotify on both my iPhone 4 and my iPad Mini, yet the issue that I have does not occur on the iPhone, only on the iPad.

The issue occurs when I do just a generic, vanilla search that has many results, i.e., searching "Mozart" or something similar.  The issue is that Spotify SEEMS to have a lot of results when I click on the album results when in reality it's just rehashing around 20 or so unique results over and over again.  Just to rehash this point, I experience this issue on the iPad version, not the iPhone version.

I have done a lot of searching and have been unable to find anything anywhere addressing this very serious issue, and so any links or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'd also appreciate it if someone knows if it's possible to download the iPhone version of Spotify on the iPad if it is not possible to find a workaround for this issue.

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

As always, the first thing to try is a quick clean reinstallation of the application on your iPad to rule it being some pesky cache issue. Does that make any difference? 

As for iPhone version on iPad, you will actually find it is the same app in the app store, but its really 2 apps rolled into one and it detects which is the appropriate version to use. I am not aware of any way to manually "pick" which one you use. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just came across the same issue: on ipad the app only returned about 20 albums max. Rebooting device fixed it (holding both lock and home button for few seconds). Sharing learning for folks who may run into this issue in the future.

Edit: it only worked for a few queries, issue has now returned where i can't scroll beyond the initial screen of albums found. Iphone is working fine, which by the way has Search & Browse activated, whereas iPad still has the old interface. Devices are iPad 4 and iPhone 5. Both running iOS 7.0.2. Spotify app on both v 0.7.6.37

Edit 2: took painful step off re-installing app (and loosing all synced playlists). No fix, still the same issue.

Suggested posts