Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album radio is now "recommended songs"?

Album radio is now "recommended songs"?

Radio based on an album is now just labelled as "recommended songs for you". 

Why has this been changed?

And today the wording has actually been moved to the bottom right, and is much smaller.

This is yet another backwards design decision from Spotify...

IMG_6987.png

IMG_7433.png

IMG_7779.png

4 Replies

Hi there @maxartist23! Thanks for your feedback here in the Community!

At Spotify they're always testing possible improvements, so you or someone else may see something new or get a limited feature temporarily on the app. It's great to hear your feedback so moderators can pass this along to the proper team.

Hope this clears things up. Have a great day!

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Please bring back Album Radio!

This new ‘Recommended songs’ feature doesn’t even play songs from the album, as Album Radio did, which is a sad and ilogic loss imo.

Who comes up with these ideas? they’re baaad 😞

what do you mean it doesn't play songs from the album?

i skip around a lot and lose track of my listening, so it was always great and useful to see that what was currently playing was "Album radio based on..." - now it just says "Recommended songs" which is baffling, unhelpful and illogical.

spotify please, can you give an explanation as to why you have changed this?? and how is this an improvement?

Before, ‘Album radio based on’ used to play songs from the album it was based on, sprinkled in the mix. Not many of them, but just the right amount and not very close together. I liked that because I could remember it was based on that album and the whole playlist made sense.

But now, ‘Recommended songs’ will not play one single song from the album you were listening to, no matter how far you scroll down in the playlist. You may get a few songs from the same artist of the album, if you’re lucky. 

My guess is this ‘Recommended songs’ playlist is based on the genre of the album, not even the artist. It’s like Spotify really wants you to listen to something else except the album you were listening to.

Suggested posts