Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Crashing Constantly

App Crashing Constantly

My Spotify app on my phone is crashing every 20-30 minutes. And it's been doing this for over a week now, ever since I updated the app. Guessing I have a buggy version, but I can't find anywhere to report it or download the old version again.
Is anyone else experiencing this? I've updated everything, turned it off and on, gone offline, nothing is helping. It's driving me nuts. I even used my iTunes app the other day so I could just go to the gym and work out without having to constantly restart Spotify.
Phone: iPhone 5S
Phone version: 9.2.1
Spotify version: 5.1.0.1019
4 Replies

Hey @Rayalla, how much free space do you have on your device at the moment? Can you possibly try closing out apps from your app switcher in case something is running in the background as well?

Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app since the update?

I've tried uninstalling & it doesn't solve the problem. It also deleted all the tracks personally loaded from my laptop so the whole affair with Spotify crashing constantly is annoying to say the least. Spotify are failing miserably to resolve this issue for Premium members & I may have to migrate to Apple at the end of the month if Spotify don't keep up to date with its customers needs. Nokia springs to mind.

Hi @cittauk, as I posted above, can you advise how much free space you have on your device?

Also if you could post back with your device and iOS version, that'd be good (definitely give it a shot after upgrading to iOS 9.3 as well if you can, Spotify has run well for me on 9.3!)

Hi @Swanny,

I've just updated my iPhone 5S to iOS 9.3 a few minutes ago (21/03/16) so hopefully that might have been the issue.
I'll keep you posted.

Suggested posts