Premium

Country

USA

Device

iphone 14 pro max 

Operating System

iOS 16.0.2

My Question or Issue

I just got my new phone and I have not been able to use Spotify because it keeps crashing when I open the app. I have tried signing out and signing back in, deleting the app and re-downloading, resetting my phone, and clearing the cache and downloads. I cannot seem to get it to stop crashing. 

3 Replies

Hey @Keyof,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like you to perform a clean reinstall of the app on your iPhone. To do it, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Spotify. If you can open the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  2. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  3. Tap iPhone Storage.
  4. Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  5. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept.
  6. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  7. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
  8. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  9. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.
  10. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  11. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know the exact Spotify version you have running on your device?

Lastly, is this happening on another mobile device at this moment? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello,

Thanks for those steps. I had done a clean re-install prior to posting after reading that as a common recommendation. I tried it again, however, and I am still having problems with constant crashing. I cannot make it through a song without the app crashing.

I am currently running version 8.7.68 of Spotify. I also upgraded to iOS 16.1 hoping that would fix it but I am still having this problem. The problem is not happening on my old phone or partner's phone but they do not have the newest iOS systems and are still on various versions of iOS 15. 

I am able to listen to spotify on my tv, my desktop at work, and the web browser through Safari on my phone, so I believe that this is an app issue. 

Hi there @Keyof,

Thanks for the reply.

Since the app has been crashing on multiple versions and a OS versions, the issue is most likely related to your current phone.

We'd suggest that you make sure that Background app refresh is enabled on your phone. You can check how to do so here. Also, make sure that the Spotify app is granted all permissions from your phone's app settings.

Let us know if the crashing continues after that.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts