Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify logo on the apple watch is behind the clock

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceApple watch series 7Operating SystemIOS 15 My Question or IssueAs the title says, for some reason (for over two months) the spotify logo went behind the clock and it's a bit annoying. I thought it would be fixed by now b...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device Apple watch series 7 Operating System IOS 15   My Question or Issue As the title says, for some reason (for over two months) the spotify logo went be...
  • itaybalin16
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts on CarPlay

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia Device(iPhone 11)Operating System(15.3.1) My Question or Issue Is there a way to remove or just move podcasts from my CarPlay view ? the screen in my car is quite small, and the touchscreen isn't the best, i constantly hav...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia   Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (15.3.1)   My Question or Issue   Is there a way to remove or just move podcasts from my CarPlay view ?...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Radio Error

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States Device(iPhone 12 Plus) My Question or Issue: Every time I click “go to radio” no matter the artist I get the same error message: ”This playlist isn’t available. The owner of this playlist has made it private or removed...

•   Plan Premium Country United States   Device (iPhone 12 Plus)   My Question or Issue:   Every time I click “go to radio” no matter the artist I get the same error mess...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Radio
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Song order sorting window stretched all across the screen

PremiumCountryHungaryDeviceiPad 9th gen. 10.2Operating SystemLatest firmware My Question or IssueHey, when the user holds the iPad horizontally and want to sort the songs order the pop up window is stretched across the screen. It is not a big deal, t...

• Premium Country Hungary Device iPad 9th gen. 10.2 Operating System Latest firmware   My Question or Issue Hey, when the user holds the iPad horizontally and want to sort the songs order...
  • Robert349
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone volume keeps changing to Desktop App volume even with app closed

I have an iPhone XS Max and Window 10 computer using spotify, and this used to work properly, but for maybe the past couple weeks, regardless of if the app is open on the phone or not, the phone volume will randomly increase to 100% to match the spot...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone XS Max and Window 10 computer using spotify, and this used to work properly, but for maybe the past couple weeks, regardless of if the app is open on the phone or not, the phone volu...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading an entire album from Computer to Iphone: Local Files

I have selected download for a local album to my iPhone. The picture of the album appears, but there don't seem to be any songs in it. I selected the album and the download button, but the files done seem to be there. Do you have to add these songs o...

• I have selected download for a local album to my iPhone.  The picture of the album appears, but there don't seem to be any songs in it.  I selected the album and the download button, but th...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Spotify Connect and grouping of speakers not working with newest hardware versions

Hey,I'm playing music on my SONOS speakers using Spotify Connect and I found an issue with newer hardware versions of SONOS One SL speakers.My system has 8 SONOS One SL speakers,5 are running hardware version 10.28.1.6-2.13 are running hardware versi...

• Music Fan
  • Hey, I'm playing music on my SONOS speakers using Spotify Connect and I found an issue with newer hardware versions of SONOS One SL speakers. My system has 8 SONOS One SL speakers, 5 are running h...
  • philipp-181
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify and Sonos Group

IOS - Iphone, latest version of all. Within the Sonos S2 app, I have created groups of speakers.I can select Spotify as a source within the S2 app, and I can play to a group directly. If I start from Spotify, I can only see individual devices, NOT th...

• Casual Listener
  • IOS -  Iphone, latest version of all.   Within the Sonos S2 app, I have created groups of speakers. I can select Spotify as a source within the S2 app, and I can play to a group directly...
  • moszja
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Search] Playlist Search

I absolutely hate having to scroll through some of my playlists that are hundreds of songs and hours long to see if I've already added a certain song that I want to add to my playlist. On P.C. it asks: "Pst! You've already added this song to this pla...

• Casual Listener
  • I absolutely hate having to scroll through some of my playlists that are hundreds of songs and hours long to see if I've already added a certain song that I want to add to my playlist. On P.C. it ask...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Search
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio keeps crashing

I've had this problem for close to a month and I have no idea what's causing it. Whenever I click on any of the listed radio stations for example rock my app instantly crashes. Once again I have no idea what's causing this and it's so frustrating whe...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this problem for close to a month and I have no idea what's causing it. Whenever I click on any of the listed radio stations for example rock my app instantly crashes. Once again I have no i...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback stops when song added to playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 15.3.1 My Question or IssueWhen I am playing a song on the Spotify app and I add a song to a different playlist (by navigating to that playlist, selecting the 3 dots, and selecting “Ad...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 15.3.1   My Question or Issue When I am playing a song on the Spotify app and I add a song to a different playl...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify version 8.7.16 not allowing to login

Hi there, need your help as im unable to login in my iphone 5c. Latest compatible version was 8.7.16 but when i enter user and pass gives the following error "An error ocurred. try again later" and when i choose start whitout password option it said ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, need your help as im unable to login in my iphone 5c.  Latest compatible version was 8.7.16 but when i enter user and pass gives the following error "An error ocurred. try again later...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Laggy animations Iphone 13 pro max (IOS 15)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueThe animation for opening and closing the fullscreen player is extremely laggy and unsatisfying. The second I installed spotify on my new phone it had this issue o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue The animation for opening and closing the fullscreen player is extremely laggy and unsa...
  • Mert95
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iOS] Miniplayer swipe up/down running at 60fps

PremiumUSA DeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.2.1 My Question or Issue I’ve noticed that swiping up and down the main player to/from the miniplayer seems to be running in 60fps instead of the full 120fps for ProMotion displays. As a result, it...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium USA   Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15.2.1   My Question or Issue   I’ve noticed that swiping up and down the main player to/from the miniplayer seems to ...
  • heymatus
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Artist, Song, and Album radio error

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 14.6 My Question or IssueHello,I have noticed that certain artists and songs are unable to start radios based off of them. I receive an error message saying "This playlist isn't available, The ow...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 14.6   My Question or Issue Hello, I have noticed that certain artists and songs are unable to start radios based off of ...
  • Eni
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant log in - Premium meber - new Iphone - Tells me to change country!!!! bad UX error

Hey, I am a longtime premium customer, Now that Im logged in other devices like my laptop and second phone, all is well, I baught a new Iphone 13 and cant log in using google, or facebook or anything! I get a error or get a notification to change cou...

• Hey, I am a longtime premium customer, Now that Im logged in other devices like my laptop and second phone, all is well, I baught a new Iphone 13 and cant log in using google, or facebook or anything...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Becoming Unplayable in Offline Mode

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUKDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 15.3.1 My Question or Issue Hi guys, I’m having an issue with downloaded content becoming unplayable in offline mode, and was hoping somebody here might have some suggestions as to how I m...

• Plan Premium Family Country UK Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.3.1   My Question or Issue   Hi guys,   I’m having an issue with downloaded content becoming unplay...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone heavy battery drain

PlanPremiumCountryRomania DeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 15.3.1 - Spotify version 8.7.12.1688 I've recently swapped to an iphone 12 from my iphone SE 2020, on that device I did not notice this kind of an issue, but on this device, spotify is heav...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Romania   Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.3.1 - Spotify version 8.7.12.1688   I've recently swapped to an iphone 12 from my iphone SE 2020, on that d...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume control

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 13 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.4 My Question or IssueI cannot control my volume on Spotify, every other app is fine with controlling audio but I can have my actual phone volume on 0% and Spotify can be blasting mus...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 13 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.4   My Question or Issue I cannot control my volume on Spotify, every other app is fine with controlli...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Starting group sessions on iOS

How do I do this? On Android there was a song code I could scan, now the only option is to share a URL. I'm fine with that but the main problem is that before when someone joined there was an option to either play through just the host's device, or p...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I do this? On Android there was a song code I could scan, now the only option is to share a URL. I'm fine with that but the main problem is that before when someone joined there was an option ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes