Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still the same problem of random connection on my BMW with Spotify 8.7.92.

Still the same problem of random connection on my BMW with Spotify 8.7.92.

I have to close and restart the application several times for it to be recognized by the Spotify iDrive application. On the other hand, the music works well if I only use the bluetooth but I no longer have access to the advantages of the application ( covers, bookmarking of music, etc...)

I have an iphone14 pro on ios 16.2 and an idrive 6.
7 Replies

Hey @J-P_Fr,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
Could you please confirm that your BMW's firmware is up-to-date?
If that is in order, we'd advise restarting your mobile device to see if that makes a difference.

In case the issue persists after this, please let us know if the same behaviour is observed with both the Bluetooth and the USB connection to your vehicle.
If it's only present when using Bluetooth, try unpairing the devices and pairing them again, restart your device and check if the issue is resolved.

If the abovementioned steps don't work, we can go for a complete clean reinstall of the app as shown here and if that doesn't do the trick, if it's doable, we'd like to ask you to test the connection with another iOS device.

We'll be on the lookout for your response and notify the right folks if this turns out to be an issue on our end 🙂
Many thanks in advance.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Yes, the firmware of the idrive is in its last version. I also restarted my iPhone several times and I tested everything I could (I am a computer technician). I also reinstalled the application on my phone. The problem is with the Bluetooth connection. I don't connect my phone with the wire, it's not airplay. Amazon Music and Audible's idrive apps have always worked perfectly. It's just a Spotify problem. I also unpairring and pairring my phone several times. This does not change anything. The connection with the Spotify app on the idrive is still random and very rare. I am not alone in this case.

Hi there @J-P_Fr,

Thanks for the post.

I thought I'd jump in here to shed some light on the matter. The BMW Connect Drive service has been deprecated for Spotify some time ago. This is why you're experiencing such issues. I'd recommend you check out the Top Answer in this thread for more information.

Take care!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Since when and by whom has the Spotify service been deprecated? Not long ago there was this topic open and nobody answered that:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-BMW-ConnectedDrive-option-not-showing-in-iOS...

Hi Alex!  The deprecated issue was back in 2020, and then was brought back and no longer a problem.  UNTIL NOW that is, I am having the same issue.  Two days ago Spotify was in Connect Drive and today it is not.  Any updated news would be greatly appreciated!

I'm having the exact same issues since about 2 or 3 weeks.

About 6 months ago there was an identical issue which was solved after Spotify updated their iOS app.

I really hate this. Why is this issue appearing again?

The problem had improved a bit lately but now it's back since the last update of Spotify. I am on iPhone 14 Pro iOS 16.3.1. The screen on the BMW is either blank or the songs don't start. Please solve the problem once and for all I took my subscription to listen to my music in the car.

Suggested posts