Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify BMW ConnectedDrive option not showing in iOS

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from Spotify users on iOS devices, that the Spotify app is not showing in the BMW ConnectedDrive menu.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey there,

We're happy to share with you, that this issue was fixed!

It'd be amazing if you could give it a test run and let us know how it went. Don't forget to maker sure you have the latest version of the Spotify app and the most up to date firmware of your BMW head unit.

Cheers!

Comments
PatrykM

Same issue here. Since iOS 15.5 update came in, album art covers haven’t been poppin up. I have iPhone 12 Pro Max.

OscarDC

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared. 

We'd first recommend reinstalling the app to delete any damaged cache stored on your device from previous updates. If the issue persists after the reinstall, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to keep investigating.

We appreciate the time you take reporting this issue again. We'll be on the lookout.

AxlZoli

Reinstall/cache delete was the first useless step…. (Actual version: 8.7.46)

I think the issue is with iOS 15.5 (and maybe with Spotify because via podcast app the album cover is visible on built-in car multimedia display) Spotify album art cover still not visible in car via bluetooth.   

Cath306

I also have this problem with spotify 8.7.46 and ios 15.5 in my bmw m2 2018. I cant see the spotify app or album cover anymore. Help!

J-P_Fr

Still the same problem of random connection on my BMW with Spotify 8.7.50. On the other hand Amazon music and Audible connect perfectly. I have an iphone12 pro on ios 15.6 and an idrive 6

J-P_Fr

Since the last version (8.7.60) it does not work at all on the idrive. The app connects but the cover remains empty and there is no music.

GG9797

The issue still hasn’t been solved, don’t understand why they marked it as fixed.

I still cannot see album covers while using Spotify on my BMW iDrive 7 even though I’ve updated both my car’s firmare, my iPhone’s software and the Spotify app. 
help!

Vultoric

F10 2014 BMW 535i.. All problems seem to have started once I updated to 15.5 iOS.

Unable to see artwork and recently, sometimes the song tracking stops working.

PatrykM

Update to iOS 16 fixed the album cover issues for me. All works perfectly now.

expremo

Hey guys and girls.

Aabout 2 or 3 weeks ago I started havin the exact same issues again after it was fixed more than 6 months ago.

Am I the only one?