Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play when resume on Airpods Pro

Spotify won't play when resume on Airpods Pro

Hi,

My music on Spotify won't resume when i'v put my Airpods Pro back in my ear(s) or when i've clicked the control-button on the Airpods. Spotify itself shows it's playing but it isn't and when i click a few times again it'll resume my music but it starts around 5-10 seconds before where i paused. Sometimes i have to double click for the next song and then triple click to get back to the old song. It is kinde annoying. Are there more users with the same issue?

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone 11 Pro, Airpods Pro

Operating System

iOS 13.3

16 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

I tried to reproduce this on my end using my AirPods Pro, and everything works perfectly. Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app following these steps?

If that doesn't help, you mention in the last post that you're using an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 13.3. If that's the case, the latest version is iOS 13.3.1. You can update your device by going to Settings > General > Software Update and see if that fixes the issue.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue with mine, all newest firmware and I have this issue for ages now. I never tried taking the AirPods Pro out a few times but I mostly only pause and Resume but then it won’t resume at all it will just show the play symbol if I look on my phone and sometimes it also does the „play but no audio“ thing you described

Hey there @feba,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if you get the same behavior while using a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I already re installed the app and cleaned Cache but I don’t think it’s
caused by cache more likely a bad implementation of the Play Widget feature
on iOS

I’ll try my iPad too now

Hey @feba,

Thanks for your reply.

Let us know how it goes with the iPad to see if this is related to the phone or to something else. Also, try unpairing your AirPods, disabling and enabling your phone's Bluetooth, and pairing them again to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

This is an ongoing issue that isn’t just happening since 1-3 days this keeps happening almost daily 

Hey @feba,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Did you get the chance to test things out on your iPad and to give the steps that @CarlosE suggested above a go?

If the issue persists, could you share the make, model, OS version and Spotify version on the devices this is happening on? 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

By the way, keeps happening. Even more frequent lately.

Hi @feba,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

In order to assist you better, please let us know the information requested by @CarlosE and @Mihail. This will help us investigate further.

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

Spotify: 8.6.56.1456

device: iPhone 11, iOS 15 PB7 (persisted before updating to iOS 15, and will keep continuing if your programmers won’t fix it so) AirPods Pro

Hey @feba,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Just to double-check- does this happen also when you try using your iPad? 

Does the issue persist after re-pairing your AirPods with the steps @CarlosE mentioned?

In case nothing changes, you can send us a video recording of what you're seeing.

Once we have this info we can investigate this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

I had the same issue…. No controls of the sipped worked. Just go to your Bluetooth. Tap on the i of your AirPods and toggle the automatic ear detection off and on.  It should hopefully solve your issue. 

*Airpods pro (not sipped)

Whenever I take my Airpods Pro out and put them back in, Spotify freezes (Mac desktop app). I have to force quit Spotify every time to be able to play anything.

I have the same problem, happens with AirPods Pro 2 gen on my MacBook Pro 2019. I have to force quit Spotify to continue playing music, else the play button won't work and will keep showing the play icon.
This never happened with other bluetooth headsets.

If before removing the AirPods Pro from my ears I pause Spotify, it will keep working fine

Suggested posts