Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution 'Previous Song' button disabled by new 'Shuffle' button hidden icon

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My Question or IssueI am unable to use the 'Previous Song' back caret button. I assume this is due to the Enhancement Shuffle option that was just added. I am able to use th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15.6.1   My Question or Issue I am unable to use the 'Previous Song' back caret button. I assume this is du...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify rewind button will not rewind even after i press it

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone SE 2.0Operating SystemIOS 15 My Question or IssueSpotify Rewind Button will not work even after i press it numerous times. Swiping the album cover does work however, just not the rewind button. The fast for...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone SE 2.0 Operating System IOS 15   My Question or Issue Spotify Rewind Button will not work even after i press it numerous times....
  • a-bloke
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Play the playlist from the beginning through Siri?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone X, iPad pro 2019Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueHow to play a playlist from the beginning on Spotify through Siri?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X, iPad pro 2019 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue How to play a playlist from the beginning on Spotify through Siri?
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sonos devices missing but Airplay works

Premium subscriptionUK DeviceiPhone6 and MacbookOperating SystemiOS 12.4.6 and iOS 10.15.4 My Question or IssueVery often, all of my Sonos devices are missing from my Spotify App. However, Airplay sees all of the devices with that enabled when select...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium subscription UK   Device iPhone6 and Macbook Operating System iOS 12.4.6 and iOS 10.15.4   My Question or Issue Very often, all of my Sonos devices are missing from my Spot...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple EarPods volume control not working when using Spotify app on iPad

It’s a 10.2, gen 8 iPad. My Apple EarPods are connected through the lightning port. The EarPods work perfectly with any other app on the iPad. But with the Spotify app the volume up and down on the EarPods cable does not work. The pause /play button ...

• Casual Listener
  • It’s a 10.2, gen 8 iPad. My Apple EarPods are connected through the lightning port. The EarPods work perfectly with any other app on the iPad. But with the Spotify app the volume up and down on the E...
  • treesplease
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist now showing

Hello, a while ago i put my playlist on private and wanted to make it public again 2 weeks go but whenever someone goes to my account they can’t see my playlists and i deleted and installed the app again i put it on private and public again, i did al...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, a while ago i put my playlist on private and wanted to make it public again 2 weeks go but whenever someone goes to my account they can’t see my playlists and i deleted and installed the app a...
  • HalfNathan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App automatically plays a new song on reopening of the app, after visiting site with a spotifyplayer

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15.6.1Firefox iOSMy Question or IssueAfter I visit the website of our local music venue, find a show i'd like to see, then open the spotify app, it autmatically plays a new song every ti...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15.6.1 Firefox iOS My Question or Issue After I visit the website  of our local music venue, find a show i'd...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    firefox
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t add a song to the playlist

I can’t add a song to the playlist while it’s playing in my car through bluetooth from my iphone. I tried to reinstall the app, but yhe only thing that works it’s to turn off the stereo and restart the app, and that’s been really long time, I think a...

• I can’t add a song to the playlist while it’s playing in my car through bluetooth from my iphone. I tried to reinstall the app, but yhe only thing that works it’s to turn off the stereo and restart t...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Just chiming in to pile on with the rest of your *paid* users who hate the new update.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid (latest for device) My Question or IssueWith the last update that no one wanted, I had to jump through hoops to get to my radio stations (and still do). Now with this update that no o...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android (latest for device)   My Question or Issue With the last update that no one wanted, I had to jump through hoop...
  • KYLEESMILEY
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app reverts video podcast when losing focus.

Operating System(iOS 15.3.1, Spotify app 8.7.20.1724) My Question or IssueWatching\listening to any video podcast then when you switch to another app and then back again Spotify app will revert the timeline spot back to when you started watching\list...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System (iOS 15.3.1, Spotify app 8.7.20.1724)   My Question or Issue Watching\listening to any video podcast then when you switch to another app and then back again Spotify app will...
  • Sully6
  • Visitor
  • 39 replies
  • 2 likes
  • podcast
  • 39 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Google Home & Mesh Networks - Music Randomly Stopping

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 13 Pro/Google Nest devices (various)Operating SystemiOS 15.6.1 My Question or Issue This is not technically an iOS issue, but for some reason Spotify doesn't find it prudent to create a Google Home/Amazon A...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 13 Pro/Google Nest devices (various) Operating System iOS 15.6.1   My Question or Issue   This is not technically an iOS issue, b...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Casting
    google
    Google Home
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant can’t be linked with Spotify anymore

PlanPremiumCountry Germany DeviceiPhone XR, google miniOperating System(iOS 15.6) My Question or Issue Since a few days my google assistant won’t play music from Spotify. Yesterday I deleted the google home app and the deleted the link to Spotify to ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany    Device iPhone XR, google mini Operating System (iOS 15.6)   My Question or Issue   Since a few days my google assistant won’t play music...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify only plays one song

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 15.6 My Question or IssueIf I search a song, it plays fine. However, once it is complete, Spotify will stop playing music and won’t shuffle related songs despite shuffle being enabled....

•   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.6   My Question or Issue If I search a song, it plays fine. However, once it is complete, Spotify wi...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Does deleting spotify app from one phone delete all content from all my phones?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • AlejaR
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [IOS iPhone] unable to play downloaded radio playlists in offline mode

Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 15.5 I am unable to play downloaded music in playlist that are downloaded from an artist radio station. I can listen to playlists I've created manually in offline mode but "[Insert Any Art...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 15.5   I am unable to play downloaded music in playlist that are downloaded from an artist radio station.&nb...
  • alex_nk
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify connect not working Samsung wam750 not working

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceiPhone 8 and iPhone SE My Question or Issue we cant connect to our speakers anymore through spotify connect. De devices shows up but after they are selected nothing happens and then the dice gets greyed out and I can’t ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device iPhone 8 and iPhone SE   My Question or Issue   we cant connect to our speakers anymore through spotify connect. De devices shows up but af...
  • bendejo_dk
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Log in issues with account made through Facebook

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.6My Question or IssueI created my account a long time ago through Facebook somewhere around 2013. Changes have been made to the process in which it is required to be able to log...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System iOS 15.6 My Question or Issue I created my account a long time ago through Facebook somewhere around 2013. Changes ha...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant connect to Philips Multiroom SW100 SW750 since update 2018 Aug 21

PlanPremiumCountry Sweden Device iPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue Since the update around Aug 21st 2018 all of my Philips Multiroom speakers SW100, SW700 and SW750 can not be connected using Spotify Connect.Using the previous versi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  Since the update around Aug 21st 2018 all of my Philips Multiroom speakers ...
  • AndersTheSwede
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect problem
    iOS
    Philips
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution twitter bug

PlanPremiumCountryPoland Device(iPhone 13 Pro max)Operating System(iOS 15.6) My Question or Issuewhen I listen to music and open twitter , while I drag the timeline down to update timeline , it makes sound in the new version from twitter , this sound...

• Plan Premium Country Poland  Device (iPhone 13 Pro max) Operating System (iOS 15.6)   My Question or Issue when I listen to music and open twitter , while I drag the timeline down...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Twitter-Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Casting a personal mix like Chill Mix to a Nest Audio is playing an old version of the playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15.6Google Nest AudioOperating SystemiOS 15.6 My Question or IssueWhenever I cast my personalized playlist like “Chill mix” to a nest audio, an old version of the playlist keeps getting queued up. I’v...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15.6 Google Nest Audio Operating System iOS 15.6   My Question or Issue Whenever I cast my personalized playlist like “C...
  • AvidListener1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes