Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sleep Timer with Spotify Connect gives weird message

Sleep Timer with Spotify Connect gives weird message

When I try and set the sleep timer using Spotify Connect playing through  an external device (Marshall Stanmore II) I get a message that says “Connect will be unavailable while the Sleep Timer is running.”

I attached a screen shot of the message. 

Phone: iPhone XS

Connect Device: Marshall Stanmore II

16 Replies

Hey there @robforprez,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you let us know if this behavior persists when you set the Sleep Timer before connecting your speaker through Connect?

Also, let us know if this used to work before or just happened the first time you tried.

Lastly, it looks like the screenshot wasn't uploaded properly. Could you try sending it again on your next reply so we can take a better look? You can attach it by tapping on the camera icon in the post editor > Choose files > Done.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply.  I reattached a screenshot from my phone (iPhone XS) of the message i'm getting:

"Connect will be unavailable while the Sleep Timer is running." Then has options of Disable Connect or Cancel

I usually use Bluetooth connection and the sleep timer works fine.  I've only tried WiFi for the first time so this is the first time i've seen the message.  Seems like Sleep Timer is unavailable when using Wifi.  But that doesn't make any sense to me.

I tested setting the Sleep Timer BEFORE connecting to Connect/Wifi, then it i get the same message asking to either Stop Timer or Stop Connect.

So basically, i can't use Sleep Timer with Wifi??

Hey @robforprez,

Thanks for the info.

If this is happening only with WiFi the issue might be network related.

Can you try the following:

• Restart your router by unplugging it from the electricity and plugging it in again after 2-5 min.
  • If that doesn't change anything - disconnect both devices from that WiFi and create a mobile hotspot from your phone. Connect both devices to the new WiFi network and check if everything works fine. If that's the case, the router might be causing this issue.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I actually have a similar problem but I have never been able to get connect working with sleep timer.

My setup is a dedicated windows htpc connected to my speakers which i control via my iPhone, Both with the latest Spotify. When I try to set the sleep timer on my pc that is playing the music I get the error message as is in the attachment: “connect will be unavailable while Sleep Timer is running”.

htpc: windows 10

iPhone: iOS14.4

Do you know this functionality is implemented or do you potentially have a suggestion?

BB33A960-6CC5-468E-B817-31751C9758DE.png

Hi there @WM1994,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

Just to confirm, did you already try the suggestions @Alex mentioned above? This will help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, I am seeing this issue in iOS, and I never had a problem using sleep timer and connect with my Google pixel. Why does this not work in iOS?

Hey @PK_1,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please share with us the following? We'll look into this further.

• Do you get the same error message?
  • Are there any changes when you try with another internet connection?
  • When did this occur?
  • Does the same thing happen when you try using Bluetooth?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

I have the exact same problem on an iPhone XS. No problem on Android. The network doesn't matter. Sleep timer just wont work on iPhone when using Spotify connect. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to look further into this issue, please give us the following info:

• Device Model, OS version 
  • Spotify version
  • Screenshot of any error message you get 
  • Steps on how to reproduce the error message

This way we can check this on our end 🙂

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator

Same issue. 

- iphone 13 pro, ios 15.2.1

- spotify 8.7.2

- screenshot attached

- attempting to set a sleep timer while music is playing through wifi speaker, or attempting to play music through a wifi speaker while a sleep timer has already been set

958FAC2A-77B7-46AB-94D8-81B830A5BED1.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for providing this info!

We've consulted with our tech folks and they could confirm that the Sleep Timer is not officially supported when used in combination with Connect. Still, there might be some exceptions where certain devices do support the Sleep Timer with Spotify Connect, but we cannot guarantee it.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

So why is it not supported? It seems like an obvious feature to have.

This still hasn’t been resolved? It’s now end of June and I’m getting the same error message.

I'm totally confused. I'm using an iPhone 14 and it's not working, my wife has an iPhone 13 and her sleep timer is working. Nnd yes, we have both the same iOS version! 

That's weird and I don't get the point why Spotify roll out a features which is not working! 

Quite late to the party but I've noticed that, if I just don't choose any option once the pop up shows up on my phone, then the sleep timer works just fine, the only downside is that I can no longer use the spotify mobile app to queue songs/change playlists etc. but it's better than nothing

Suggested posts