Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Library no longer displays songs only playlists, artists and albums

Solved!

My Library no longer displays songs only playlists, artists and albums

Plan - Premium

Country - NZ

Device - iPhone XR

Version 8.4.97.900

My Question or Issue

With the latest update, I no longer have the option to see songs in my library. It only displays playlists, artists and albums ( like in the screenshot attached ). Which now means I have lost the abilty to shuffle all of my music like I use to. How do I get this back or is it gone forever?

IMG_6494.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bassybeats and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Your saved songs which were in the folder called Songs before now can be found in Favorite Songs playlist, the one with the white heart in a purple background.

Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features. However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @bassybeats and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Your saved songs which were in the folder called Songs before now can be found in Favorite Songs playlist, the one with the white heart in a purple background.

Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features. However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi there, I just noticed that Spotify has blocked all songs, which means when I want to look for a song, it no longer plays the song straight up, instead it shows me only a playlist of different songs. Even upon that, I longer have the power to repeat songs, instead it plays me a different song once the one playing has stopped. Please it has been going on for over months now, and I have tried uninstalling ang installing it but still the same. Please fix it 

Hi there @sullivanc,

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you're on the free tier, which doesn't feature playback on demand. This means you can only plan songs in shuffled playlists and albums, you can't play individual songs on demand.

You can check out the differences between Spotify free and Premium here.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts