Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts not downloading under their name

Hi On my iPhone Spotify account some of my downloaded podcasts are stored with their logo beside them. Others are dumped under a generic "Downloaded" icon. These are unsearchable by my watch. How can I ensure that all downloaded podcasts have their c...

• Regular
  • Hi On my iPhone Spotify account some of my downloaded podcasts are stored with their logo beside them. Others are dumped under a generic "Downloaded" icon. These are unsearchable by my watch. How c...
  • OscarDC
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS app Asks "Add to Playlist Again" when song wasn't there

Behavior: Shazam a song, search in Spotify, add to playlist, select playlist and it acts like it was already in the play list: "Add to Playlist Again?"It adds it and still asks you if you want to add it again, it makes no sense. If you switch up whic...

• Behavior: Shazam a song, search in Spotify, add to playlist, select playlist and it acts like it was already in the play list: "Add to Playlist Again?" It adds it and still asks you if y...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Screen rotation for video changes after ads

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15.1 My Question or IssueWhen listening to a podcast (JRE in this case) I have the phone rotated horizontally to watch the video. When ads start the rotation goes to portrait, but aft...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15.1   My Question or Issue When listening to a podcast (JRE in this case) I have the phone rotated hor...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iMessage app removed

Apple iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 12.3 2018iOS 13.5Spotify Premium Fsmily Account The Spotify iMessage add on has disappeared so you can no longer search for songs and add them to messages within the iMessage app. there are a couple of other posts abo...

• Music Fan
  • Apple iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 12.3 2018 iOS 13.5 Spotify Premium Fsmily Account   The Spotify iMessage add on has disappeared so you can no longer search for songs and add them to message...
  • futureblast
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 15 likes
  • apple
    Functionality
    iMessage
    iOS
  • 9 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution THIS IS SERIOUS !

Please help man! Make the app normal ! I used to love this app but now I just hate this UI. All my playlists are now shuffled and I can’t select a random song from them. I can’t even scroll through the lyrics of a song playing. None of it was there i...

• Visitor
  • Please help man! Make the app normal ! I used to love this app but now I just hate this UI. All my playlists are now shuffled and I can’t select a random song from them. I can’t even scroll through t...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch pauses my music when it is bumped

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8, Apple Watch series 5, Airpods My Question or IssueI started having this issue a few weeks ago where anytime I would touch or bump my watch, wearing it or not, while listening to Spotify, it would disconnect from m...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8, Apple Watch series 5, Airpods   My Question or Issue I started having this issue a few weeks ago where anytime I would touch or bump my ...
  • Pharoe
  • Visitor
  • 24 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Album Art not showing up properly under “your library”

Scrolling through “your library” more than half of my album covers only show a grey cd instead of the cover art. But when I tap into the albums they show up correctly. PlanDuo Device(iPhone 13)

• Casual Listener
  • Scrolling through “your library” more than half of my album covers only show a grey cd instead of the cover art. But when I tap into the albums they show up correctly.   Plan Duo   Dev...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps switching to Radio

Sometimes it randomly, in the middle of a song, skips a few songs and then switches from the previous playlist I've listened to, to radio instead. Is there a way to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Sometimes it randomly, in the middle of a song, skips a few songs and then switches from the previous playlist I've listened to, to radio instead. Is there a way to fix this?
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution recently played

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15 My Question or Issuethere is 7 albums and playlists on my recently played section that have been staying there for months now, after them there is albums that i actually played recently. is there any w...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue there is 7 albums and playlists on my recently played section that have been staying there for months...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist edit

I came up with an idea for playlists. First of all could you add the 3 dots to add playlists to que and stuff to your liked songs. Also, could you add a feature where if you press on the 3 dots of a playlist (also in your liked songs) there is an opt...

• Visitor
  • I came up with an idea for playlists.   First of all could you add the 3 dots to add playlists to que and stuff to your liked songs.   Also, could you add a feature where if you press o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • blend playlist
    Blends
    Ideas
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs aren’t playing offline

My downloaded songs won’t play offline. They show up under downloaded playlists. Each playlist and song has the green download button. Even on offline mode they won’t play. What’s the point in paying for premium and not being able to use this feature...

• Visitor
  • My downloaded songs won’t play offline. They show up under downloaded playlists. Each playlist and song has the green download button. Even on offline mode they won’t play. What’s the point in paying...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist covers change back

I have removed pictures I had saved as playlist covers, but the 4 album cover collage is not showing up on my iphone? can anyone help me with this?

• Casual Listener
  • I have removed pictures I had saved as playlist covers, but the 4 album cover collage is not showing up on my iphone? can anyone help me with this?
  • felicia4
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Home page won’t load

When I minimise the song I’m playing to go to the Home Screen, I’m welcomed by a blank page. Only the good morning/evening message and the three buttons on the top right appear, my recently played and suggested play lists and albums, however, don’t. ...

• Visitor
  • When I minimise the song I’m playing to go to the Home Screen, I’m welcomed by a blank page. Only the good morning/evening message and the three buttons on the top right appear, my recently played an...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems with the “new” option don’t play this song

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone 8 Plus)Operating System(iOS 13) My Question or IssueI was listening a song as always, and I accidentally pushed the option “don’t play this song” and when I wanted to remove that option it doesn’t work, I push the opposite op...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device (iPhone 8 Plus) Operating System (iOS 13)   My Question or Issue I was listening a song as always, and I accidentally pushed the option “don’t play this song” and whe...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay will not work on any devices

Student PremiumUnited States iPhone 11, 2020 MacBook AirOperating SystemiOS 15.2.1 Around 2-3 days ago my Spotify has not been auto playing songs on current or new devices I log onto too. It will play one song all the way through and then just stop. ...

• Regular
  •   Student Premium United States   iPhone 11, 2020 MacBook Air Operating System iOS 15.2.1   Around 2-3 days ago my Spotify has not been auto playing songs on current or new dev...
  • Avila8J
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • autoplay not working
    iOS 15.2.1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution UI not optimized for iPhone 12 mini

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 15.0 My Question or IssueAfter numerous updates to the Spotify iOS app, the screen UI is continuously shifted upwards for my iPhone 12 mini and it’s annoying to look at and have album/playl...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 15.0   My Question or Issue After numerous updates to the Spotify iOS app, the screen UI is continuously shifted upw...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution iOS Spotify -> BMW F11 2013 metadata not syncing after first song

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 15.1 My Question or Issue As the title says - metadata not syncing with my BMW F11 2013. The firmware update that I have on the vehicle's head unit is UPD05074 which is the latest...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 15.1   My Question or Issue   As the title says - metadata not syncing with my BMW F11 2013. The fir...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Skipping Songs in Ford Fiesta via USB

PlanFree & Premium IssueCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 12.2My Question or IssueWhen I try to use spotify in my 2014 Ford Fiesta via USB, it skips each song after it starts playing about 1 second in. This is such a fustrating ...

• Plan Free & Premium Issue Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 12.2 My Question or Issue When I try to use spotify in my 2014 Ford Fiesta via USB, it skips each s...
  • maltheskov
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes