Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 16.1.2

My Question or Issue

I want to play Spotify on ALL my connected speakers.

I have two Alexa speakers, a couple of Chromecasts and a Denon Receiver - all of which I can see in the options in Spotify when I want to play the music on them.

I see two options when I try to connect to remote speakers:

1. All speakers

2. Everywhere

What's the difference between these two options? I can't see any difference in their operation, obviously it's something but I can't tell the difference.

More importantly, when I select either of these options it only plays the music on my connected Alexa speakers. It does NOT play it on the Denon receiver (even though the Denon receiver has the "speaker" icon assigned to it just like the Alexa speakers).

If I select the Denon receiver, it plays on there but the moment I select Everywhere or All speakers is disconnects from the Denon receiver and starts playing on the Alexa speakers only. How can I get it to play on the Alexa speakers and the Denon receiver at the same time?

Also, I noticed a bug, when playing the Denon receiver, if I select the Everywhere option then it just crashes the song (the app still works but the currently playing song stops - not pauses - it disappears and I need to go search for it again). I don't know where/how to report this issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Rboy2,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! 

Sorry for the delayed reply, I just came across this post.

I'll do my best and try to explain what is happening.

1. Everywhere - This is a special multi-speaker group that Amazon Alexa creates. When selecting this, only the Alexa devices on which your Spotify and Amazon accounts are connected to will start playing. More info here.

2. All Speakers - is most likely another group created by either the Amazon speakers or one of your other devices. You can check if this group is also visible in the Amazon Alexa app or the Denon app.

Currently there is no way to play music on all of your devices simultaneously on Spotify, especially if they're created by different manufacturers and operate on different streaming protocols. Most likely this is why playback is crashing when you have the Everywhere group selected and switch to the Denon receiver. Since the app needs to create a new stream to the other device, so it stops playback.

Hope this answers your questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Anyone?? Support??

Is no one using this feature or does no one knows what this feature is? I wish Spotify had a manual! (Wow a product is bad enough that we have to ask for a manual in 2023 - calling Elon Musk - please buy Spotify)

Marked as solution

Hi there @Rboy2,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community! 

Sorry for the delayed reply, I just came across this post.

I'll do my best and try to explain what is happening.

1. Everywhere - This is a special multi-speaker group that Amazon Alexa creates. When selecting this, only the Alexa devices on which your Spotify and Amazon accounts are connected to will start playing. More info here.

2. All Speakers - is most likely another group created by either the Amazon speakers or one of your other devices. You can check if this group is also visible in the Amazon Alexa app or the Denon app.

Currently there is no way to play music on all of your devices simultaneously on Spotify, especially if they're created by different manufacturers and operate on different streaming protocols. Most likely this is why playback is crashing when you have the Everywhere group selected and switch to the Denon receiver. Since the app needs to create a new stream to the other device, so it stops playback.

Hope this answers your questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts