Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Store says it's installed but really isn't

App Store says it's installed but really isn't

So, I tried installing the newest Spotify app on my iPhone 5s but it doesn't show up on my main screen.  But when I go to the app store and search it, the store tells me that it's installed.  Instead of having an install option, it just says open, but when I press it, it won't open.  Anyone else encounter this problem.  Is there anyway to delete an app from your phone outside of the main screen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies

Hello!

You can connect your iPhone to your computer and delete the app through iTunes.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Do you have any restrictions set on what apps can be used/installed (Settings > General > Restrictions)?

Spotify has a 12+ rating (presumably because they cannot guarantee that the content of the songs will be suitable for all ages). If you have any restrictions that prevent an app with this rating being run, it will not open from the App Store or show on the home screen.

Hello - did you find a way to fix this? I'm having the same issue 😕

I would also try fully restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen and then see what it says. On iOS 7 my phone seems to install things but then not display them sometimes for whatever reason!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Meet too and I don't know what to do somebody help us!

Few days back there was one user here on Spotify Community with the same exact issue, how I got it fixed is to turn off iCloud completely and then do a cold reboot on your phone and keep it off like 60 seconds and then power on. Then connect your phone to your computer and let iTunes to install Spotify for you.

Let me know if this helps, issue is that Spotify gets stuck in the iCloud and can not restore it correctly on your phone.

Having same trouble with android phone It says it cannot install but the store says that it's installed and I can't find a way to un- or reinstall it

Suggested posts