Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Sharing with friends who don't have Facebook accounts

I have sent a request twice now to an inability to send music to a friend that has spotify but doesn't want a Facebook account. I am following him on my app but it shows now songs or artists on his profile page. It's empty and has no info. I have to ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have sent a request twice now to an inability to send music to a friend that has spotify but doesn't want a Facebook account. I am following him on my app but it shows now songs or artists on his p...
  • syi70614
  • 19 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Does Local File Quality Remain The Same When Adding To Iphone?

So i basically came to the conclusion that Spotify wont read your current music that resisides on your phone.? So i was just going to delete all the local files off my phone (since it takes up twice the space) and load them into spotify desktop app t...

• So i basically came to the conclusion that Spotify wont read your current music that resisides on your phone.? So i was just going to delete all the local files off my phone (since it takes up t...
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Clearing space

Over the long time I've been a member of Spotify, I've made a lot of albums available offline and have filled up my iPhone's storage capacity. However, when I make albums unavailable offine, it doesn't clear any space. What's the best way to remove m...

• Casual Listener
  • Over the long time I've been a member of Spotify, I've made a lot of albums available offline and have filled up my iPhone's storage capacity.  However, when I make albums unavailable offine, it...
  • richvar
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Merge Spotify and iTunes playlists

If I import my iTunes playlists into Spotify to play offline will each track be dulipcated on my phone / take up double the space? Basically, I'd like to add tracks that are already on my phone in iTunes to playlists on Spotify and then be able to pl...

• If I import my iTunes playlists into Spotify to play offline will each track be dulipcated on my phone / take up double the space? Basically, I'd like to add tracks that are already on my phone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • import
    itunes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist missing on most devices

Hey everyone,I'm having an odd issue where I have a starred playlist via the spotify web app, but only on my work machine(win 10, chrome (play.spotify.com).My phone(ios app), my laptop (osx desktop client) and desktop at home ( win 10 desktop client)...

• Hey everyone, I'm having an odd issue where I have a starred playlist via the spotify web app, but only on my work machine(win 10, chrome (play.spotify.com). My phone(ios app), my laptop (osx d...
  • mor5735
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lyrics

Do you know any lyrics app that works with spotify? S

• Casual Listener
  • Do you know any lyrics app that works with spotify?   S
  • Benjadsb
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists has disappeared and spotify stops playing after a minute

My playlists has all disappeared on my app on my phone, but they are still on my desktop and in the sonos (music play system at our house) app. I allready logged in and out,removed and reinstalled the app. I also checked if i was logged in under the ...

• My playlists has all disappeared on my app on my phone, but they are still on my desktop and in the sonos (music play system at our house) app. I allready logged in and out,removed and reinstalled th...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play all the songs in my play list

HiI can't seem to play the songs in my play list. it will play one song and then skip to a completely different song that I don't even have on my lists. It seems to default to play the next song based on some random shuffle. Can someone please help m...

• Hi I can't seem to play the songs in my play list.  it will play one song and then skip to a completely different song that I don't even have on my lists.  It seems to default to play the ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncronise saved albums Web / iOS?

Hopefully this is a simple one, I saved some albums on the web player and was hoping these would appear in my album view on my iPhone but they have not. At first I thought it would just take some time but I've been on Wifi using spotify for 12 hours ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hopefully this is a simple one, I saved some albums on the web player and was hoping these would appear in my album view on my iPhone but they have not.   At first I thought it would just take...
  • mor5735
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play itunes playlist on my iphone

Hi, I just import my itunes playlists on Spotify, but when i want to listen to them on my iphone, the songs are impossible to play. What can i do? Could you help me?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I just import my itunes playlists on Spotify, but when i want to listen to them on my iphone, the songs are impossible to play.  What can i do? Could you help me?
  • Astame
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Vodafone Premium - IOS Update

Hey guys,So I've got sprint premium attached to my Vodafone contract. For ages it all worked fine, then I had to update the Spotify app (IPhone 6s) and now I'm having trouble.Post update, I had to make a Spotify account and login to the app (never ha...

• Hey guys, So I've got sprint premium attached to my Vodafone contract. For ages it all worked fine, then I had to update the Spotify app (IPhone 6s) and now I'm having trouble. Post update, I h...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline on laptop will download onto iphone also?

When you make a playlist available offline on your computer, does it make it available offline on your phone also? I'm trying to save space on my phone and don't want all the songs to be offline on my phone, but I want the songs available offline for...

• When you make a playlist available offline on your computer, does it make it available offline on your phone also? I'm trying to save space on my phone and don't want all the songs to be offline on m...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot use my spotify which i subscribe from singtel in singapore

hi , how can i use my spotify premium whick i subscribe to singtel , i need to know my username and passoword.. my contact number is +6597213654 , recently i log in to fb using my spotify

• Casual Listener
  • hi , how can i use my spotify premium whick i subscribe to singtel , i need to know my username and passoword.. my contact number is +6597213654 , recently i log in to fb using my spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Free Account won't play shuffle on iPad or iPhone

I am sure this is a settings issue. Sorry for the bother. I cannot get any music to play on my iPhone or iPad. I am using the free account. I can search for artists and playlists and select them. I touch 'shuffle play' and nothing happens. I am onlin...

• I am sure this is a settings issue. Sorry for the bother.   I cannot get any music to play on my iPhone or iPad. I am using the free account. I can search for artists and playlists and select ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not playing offline

I went to download more music on my premium subscription and the songs were in my list but a dull colour indiciating it wasnt in my list yet, so hit remove downloads thinking my new downloads werent working and my whole list went to the dull colour a...

• I went to download more music on my premium subscription and the songs were in my list but a dull colour indiciating it wasnt in my list yet, so hit remove downloads thinking my new downloads werent ...
  • jfert
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot logging to iPod

I try to logging to my account using iPod, but showing Login Failed, unable to login, either username or password wrong but I trying to login website is working...

• Casual Listener
  • I try to logging to my account using iPod, but showing Login Failed,  unable to login, either username or password wrong   but I trying to login website is working...
  • jfert
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ipod
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song on iPhone plays different version of song than on Desktop.

Hi! In my local files I have an older and different version of a song than what is available on the Spotify Servers but whenever I try to listen to this song on my iPhone it keeps playing the newer version that is available.Is there any way to preven...

• Regular
  • Hi! In my local files I have an older and different version of a song than what is available on the Spotify Servers but whenever I try to listen to this song on my iPhone it keeps playing the newer v...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6 not downloading playlists-offline mode

Have already reinstalled Spotify. Stuck at Downloading 0 of 92 and does not make progress. Premium account. Thanks.

• Regular
  • Have already reinstalled Spotify. Stuck at Downloading 0 of 92 and does not make progress. Premium account. Thanks.
  • Pmelasec
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! new uxui

I heard Spotify had a new UXUI, with a navigation bar at the bottom of the scree. Screenshots are available on the iTunes Store.I upgraded / deleted / redownladed / reinstalled the latest version of the app (5.7.0) for iOS but I cannot get this new v...

• Casual Listener
  • I heard Spotify had a new UXUI, with a navigation bar at the bottom of the scree. Screenshots are available on the iTunes Store. I upgraded / deleted / redownladed / reinstalled the latest version o...
  • Nicolas75
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes