Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files available offline

Solved!

Local files available offline

Hello, I use Spotify Free on my iPod touch and on my iMac and I have a question. To listen to music on my iPod when I don't have Wi-Fi, I downloaded songs from my computer, and added them in a Playlist. When I go on my iPod, the songs (from my computer) are available offline by default. Is that normal or is that a bug ? On my iMac when I click on the "Make available offline" button, it tells me that I need to be a Premium user, but not on my iPod. Just wanted to know if that was a glitch or some kind of bug. (Sorry for my grammar/spelling mistakes, I'm french.)
IMG_1637.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@r1324

No, it's not normal. ^^

I think it's a bug. A reinstallation should 'fix' that bug.

Here's a step by step tutorial for a clean reinstallation. ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @r1324! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Are you using the same account on your iPod and iMac?

And does your profile page say that you got Premium?

Peace

Thank you! And yes, I am using the same account. And no I don't have a Premium account. My 7 days trial is over. I don't really have a problem, I'm just asking if it's normal for Spotify Free users to have their Local Files available offline. ^^
Marked as solution

@r1324

No, it's not normal. ^^

I think it's a bug. A reinstallation should 'fix' that bug.

Here's a step by step tutorial for a clean reinstallation. ^^

Peace

Just did what you said. The thing is still working. Maybe you just misunderstood me because of my english skills ahah.

@r1324

Hmm, that's really strange. ^^

The feature shouldn't be available for a non Premium user. 

Peace

Really ? Even if the songs are only my local files, MP3 files that I have on my computer ? If I could make songs from Spotify available offline, yeah that would be really strange. But since those are my MP3 files, I thought it was normal..

Well, that sucks. I guess I'm gonna switch to another music app. It was cool to use Spotify for one day LOL. If one day I can afford a Premium Spotify acc, I'll come back, but right now, I can't.

Suggested posts