Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App disapeared from iPhone

Solved!

App disapeared from iPhone

Hello everyone,

This morning when I opened up my phone to listen to sweet music and I noticed that my app was missing from my phone. I'm unable to redownload it from the app store, when I click on the cloud it start showing the progress circle then immediatly cancel.

I'm using an iPhone 5s running ios 9.3.2.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try to turn off your iCloud Sync and then try to install Spotify again. It feels like your iCloud is stuck somehow.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi @losted,

Can you try a soft reboot by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen and then have another try?

If not, its worth trying to remove the application from your phone without the app store by going to:

Setting > General > Usage (took a while to load on my phone) > Manage Apps > Spotify > Delete App

And then try to reinstall from App Store?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried the soft reboot.

I dont see Setting > General > Usage (took a while to load on my phone) >
Manage Apps > Spotify > Delete App

but I see Settings > General > Storage & iCloud usage > Manage Storage

But Spotify is still not there...

Your iPhone doesn't have enough free space, check out this trick video below how to free some space on your iPhone.

Taht's probably because you searched in iCloud usage.

Try the option above (manage storage but not the iCloud storage) and you'll see ALL you apps including Spotify.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Nice trick, thanks! But I'm having enough space.. It freed up a bit which is nice but it didn't solve my problem.

IMG_0554.PNG

And spotify is not under Storage -> Manage storage

But it's in iCloud -> manage storage -> "my device name" -> under "backup option"

Here is 2 video tutorials for ya, first video is newer and second video is older yet worth to watch.

On my iPhone 6S+ (iOS 9.3.3 Developer Beta 1) Spotify is located in Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage.

IMG_0031.PNG

Marked as solution

Try to turn off your iCloud Sync and then try to install Spotify again. It feels like your iCloud is stuck somehow.

Thanks Toku_ by disabling iCloud storage I was able to download Spotify again!

But I wonder why it got deleted in the first place..

Thanks a lot everyone for helping me!

Well maybe there was somekind of a glitch in iCloud who knows. But nice to see that you got your issue fixed, happy listening to have a great day. 🙂

Suggested posts