Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App keeps crashing after latest update

App keeps crashing after latest update

The iOs app is crashing for me around 90% of the time since the last update. It will start playing a song for 10-20 seconds and then crash, which is extremely infuriating.

7 Replies

Hey @shlomok

Can you try deleting the app and then reinstall it from the app store?

Does it still crash after reinstalling?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have considered it but would really prefer not to do that since I have
2000+ songs downloaded and do not want to have to spend hours
re-downloading them.

I reinstalled and it continues to crash - even when playing downloaded songs on airplane mode.

This issue seems to only occur when offline mode is on.

Hey @shlomok

Sorry for the late reply. Are you still having trouble?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Im having the same issue on iPhone 6 - also have 2500+ songs saved and reinstalled app twice and still crashes after approximately 15-20 seconds of a song playing on offline mode - EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED. Also didnt get notified when the price of subscription went from NZD$12.99 to NZD$14.99

Someone on Reddit suggested removing offline devices here and then redownloading the app. It helped for a day or two and now the issue is back.

This issue seems to be fairly widespread and I've come across many other users with the same problem. Would be great if you guys could fix this for the next update.

It's extremely frustrating as I use Spotify mainly while I drive, and have been considering cancelling my subscription if the bug isn't fixed soon because it's not worth fussing with the app while I'm trying to drive.

Suggested posts