Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

iPad 6

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

I play a song on my playlist that contains several hundred songs. I switch to a different app with the song still playing. I switch back to spotify to choose a new song. It’s back to the top of the playlist. THIS. IS. ANNOYING. If this is a bug, please fix it. If this is, for some unfathomable reason, a feature. I’m telling you right now, it’s NOT a feature.

3 Replies

Hey there @polar_paradox,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, can you let us know if this happens on all your playlists or just on the Liked songs list.

We'll also need to know if this persists across all your devices and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having this same problem. I reinstalled the app and restarted my phone but the problem persists. It's really getting on my nerves as well. Can you please give me some advice on how to fix this?

Hey there @DawnScarlet

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this is only happening with one specific playlist or with all of them? If it only happens with a specific playlist, is it a large or a small  one? 

On another note, we'd like to know if this happens across devices or just on your phone. 

Lastly, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts