Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Watch Help!

Apple Watch Help!

Just bought the new series 5 apple watch..

I have spotify premium.

When I pair my bluetooth headphones to my apple watch i can play music from apple music through my headphones but when i open spotify and press playt, the music comes out of my iphone...spotify doesn't seem to recognise my headphones..

can someone please help!??

10 Replies

You should go to the help section.

Help section of what?

Hey @Wattssy, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy

Thanks for your email.

I have restarting and also reinstalled the app.

The version is 6.2.8.

When i open spotify on my watch, it only finds my phone to play from and will wont find any set of bluetooth headphones i have paired...frustrating!

Hi @Wattssy,

So just to confirm, when you try to play music from the Spotify app on your watch, it doesn’t play on your iPhone through your headphones? If so, let me know what headphones you have and I’ll take a closer look.

Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star

sorry no, when i try to play music through the spotify app on my apple watch, it only plays out of the phone speakers. It won't play music out of my headphones (which are connected via bluetooth)

The headphones work when i play apple music through the apple watch.. They are Jabra 75t model.

Hey! I have the exact same problem but with apple watch 3 cellular! 😞 😞 😞 please someone help!!

Hey all,

When you actively play Spotify on your iPhone, on the Apple Watch tap the Connect button (looks like a phone) and see if you can tap the headphones you’re referring to.

If you can’t, disconnect and reconnect your wireless headphones. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy

I have attemped to do this a few times and never do the headphones appear for them to be selected to be listened to through the spotify app on my watch

Hi There! I would say to re-download the app from the Apple Watch app but not from your phone.

Suggested posts