Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Watch and iPhone Bugs

Apple Watch and iPhone Bugs

Hi Community and Hi Spotify Team,

I have one or two issues with the Apple Watch implemantation.

First One:

When my iPhone is close by and online, I can not toggle the watch to play through the watch and headphones connected to them. The watch symbol blinks twice and then reverts to the iPhone symbol.

When my iPhone is in flight mode and completely disconnected (Wifi off and bluetooth off)  - I can choose it to output through my Apple Watch.

Is this a expected behavior ?

Second thing:

When listening to Podcasts on my watch with LTE - they do not sync up with the rest of my devices and they do not resume - not even the downloaded ones.

When I am back from a run, to keep it in sync I have to come home, and carefully switch the output on my watch to my phone - only then it syncs up.

Third thing:

When listening is interrupted by a call, the music resumes after the call but with a very tin like sound.

Fourth thing:

Yes, I have uninstalled and installed everything back again.

Thanks for the support upfront !

Best,

M.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 11, Apple Watch SE LTE)

Operating System

(iOS14)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hi there @McKu,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome. We're happy to help!

Regarding the first point, does it happen when both your watch and phone are connected to the same WiFi network, or also when they're both using mobile data?

In this case, it's worth logging out, restarting both devices, and logging back in. It's also a good idea restarting the app a couple of times in a row as it may help with the syncing.

Regarding the other queries, for clarity and easy tracking, and according to the Spotify Community Guidelines, we invite you to start a new thread for each issue separately so they can be addressed individually.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts