Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

[iOS][Your Library] Please Stop "Turn Off Airplane Mode or Use Wi-FI..." Notification.

Spotify offers the option of downloading tracks to listen to while out of cell or wi-fi range. And yet every time I use the feature to listen to downloaded tracks out of range I get a notification warning me to turn off airplane mode or use wi-fi to ...

• Visitor
  • Spotify offers the option of downloading tracks to listen to while out of cell or wi-fi range. And yet every time I use the feature to listen to downloaded tracks out of range I get a notification wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I will NOT update Spotify version again if "Quiet" Vol. Normalization wasn't brought back.

PlanPremiumCountryThailandDevice(iPhone 6)Operating System(iOS 10.3.3)Spotify version(8.5.28.1046) My Question or Issue I found out that some of my friend's newer devices or app versions have no 3 options of Vol. Normalization (Loud, Normal, Quiet) a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Thailand Device (iPhone 6) Operating System (iOS 10.3.3) Spotify version (8.5.28.1046)   My Question or Issue   I found out that some of my friend's newer ...
  • Guiterman_th
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists are shuffling and playing songs not on my playlists even when Shuffle and Autoplay are off

PROBLEM: Whether I hit the big green button to play the list or play the first song, the playlist is shuffling to songs that aren't on ANY of my playlists. SETUP:I have Spotify Premium.Autoplay is OFF in Settings (thinking that would solve my problem...

• Casual Listener
  • PROBLEM: Whether I hit the big green button to play the list or play the first song, the playlist is shuffling to songs that aren't on ANY of my playlists.   SETUP: I have Spotify Premi...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
    playlists help
    Troubleshooting
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch cannot control Spotify volume when using Sonos

Apple WatchOS7.2iPhone iOS14.3Sonos Arc My Question or Issue I use Spotify app both on iPhone and on Apple Watch. When I play songs in Spotify app on iPhone through Sonos, the Spotify app on Apple Watch cannot control the volume, i.e., scrolling up o...

• Visitor
  • Apple WatchOS7.2 iPhone iOS14.3 Sonos Arc   My Question or Issue   I use Spotify app both on iPhone and on Apple Watch. When I play songs in Spotify app on iPhone through Sonos, the S...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes when playing a certain album

My PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11 My Question or IssueMy Spotify crashes when I play the Album: “The Goat” by Polo G. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app twice already. Spotify crashes around 1 minute into a song. It...

• Visitor
  • My Plan Free Country United States Device iPhone 11   My Question or Issue My Spotify crashes when I play the Album: “The Goat” by Polo G. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Sp...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Error when attempting to redeem Google Nest Mini

Sorry OP, but I’m having to hijack this post as there is no easy option to make a new post. It has nothing to do with what you posted about. I’m on iPhone with safari, a very common config these days, but y’all aren’t about a user friendly experience...

• Regular
  • Sorry OP, but I’m having to hijack this post as there is no easy option to make a new post. It has nothing to do with what you posted about. I’m on iPhone with safari, a very common config these days...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify connect broken

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 14) Spotify Connect will sometimes refuse to cast to any device, PlayStation, TV, or Google Home. I reset the devices and the wifi and when I hit connect it says “connecting” and never does a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 14)   Spotify Connect will sometimes refuse to cast to any device, PlayStation, TV, or Google Home. I reset the devices...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS/Carplay] Bug: Live-Streaming player appeared and stopped playing music

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.3Spotify: 8.5.42.1040 I was listening to a normal playlist on Spotify via CarPlay when suddenly music stopped and a weird screen appeared mentioning 'Live-Streaming'.When I switched back a...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.3 Spotify: 8.5.42.1040   I was listening to a normal playlist on Spotify via CarPlay when suddenly music stopp...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How can i turn off shuffle ?

My Question or issue i tried to turn the shuffle off a lot of times but before like when I first logged into Spotify (not a while ago) it was pretty normal there was no shuffle and i can play whatever i want until this morning i got into it again and...

• Visitor
  •     My Question or issue  i tried to turn the shuffle off a lot of times but before like when I first logged into Spotify (not a while ago) it was pretty normal there was no shuffle...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot play songs from search

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueWhen I search a song, I cannot play it or add it to the queue. Tapping to play makes nothing happen—the song bar at the bottom doesn’t show up. Adding to queue shows ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue When I search a song, I cannot play it or add it to the queue. Tapping to play makes nothi...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error de reproducción
    iOS
    queue
    Search
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline access denied

I only use offline on one device, my iPod. Just now, a popup says that offline access to this device has been denied because I have already enabled it on the allowed number of devices. What gives? Premium memberiPod Touch iOS 9.3.5

• Roadie
  • I only use offline on one device, my iPod. Just now, a popup says that offline access to this device has been denied because I have already enabled it on the allowed number of devices. What gives? &...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App keeps crashing - trying to add a song to a playlist and scrolling down

hi there, my ios app keeps crashing after i tap 'add song to playlist' and then scroll down to find a playlist i want to add it to. if i scroll incredibly slowly it doesn't crash, but if i scroll at a normal pace it crashes. it's quite frustrating si...

• Casual Listener
  • hi there,   my ios app keeps crashing after i tap 'add song to playlist' and then scroll down to find a playlist i want to add it to. if i scroll incredibly slowly it doesn't crash, but if i s...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • crashing
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on iPhone keeps pausing by itself

PlanFree CountryUnited States of America DeviceiPhone XS Max Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueHi, I’m turning to the Spotify community because this has been going on for months, and today was the last straw. I’ll be listening to music on Sp...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free   Country United States of America   Device iPhone XS Max   Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Hi, I’m turning to the Spotify community because ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution remove podcasts from the home screen

i don't listen to podcasts and have no plans to start. please remove podcasts from the home screen. they take up half of the page and make navigation even more difficult in car play.

• Music Fan
  • i don't listen to podcasts and have no plans to start. please remove podcasts from the home screen. they take up half of the page and make navigation even more difficult in car play.
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

it would be extremely cool

if there were no podcasts on the home screen

• Music Fan
  • if there were no podcasts on the home screen
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Podcasts] Podcast playback is horrible

Podcast playback is horrible. I listen to a ton of podcasts, including Joe rogan. Since he joined spotify, it’s the first time I’ve used Spotify to listen to podcasts. The playback is horrible. The video is nice sometimes, but for podcasts, playback ...

• Visitor
  • Podcast playback is horrible. I listen to a ton of podcasts, including Joe rogan. Since he joined spotify, it’s the first time I’ve used Spotify to listen to podcasts. The playback is horrible. The v...
  • Footfalls
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps pausing songs

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13.6 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps pausing songs when they're playing - which is really annoying. I've logged in and out of the app, I've deinstalled and reinstalled the app from the app store...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps pausing songs when they're playing - which is really annoying. I've logge...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Control screen minimizes after choosing next song

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceiPhone XS Operating SystemIOS 14.2 My Question or IssueIf I’m listening on a remote device and I use my iphone as a remote, the control screen won’t stay full screen after I select next song. Instead it minimizes. ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands    Device iPhone XS  Operating System IOS 14.2   My Question or Issue If I’m listening on a remote device and I use my iphone as a remo...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files don't show up on iPhone SE 2020

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone SE 2020 Even since I got my iPhone SE 2020, local files are not showing up in Spotify on the iPhone. I did not have this problem with my previous phone, which was an iPhone 5. I've seen solutions which suggest a Sett...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone SE 2020   Even since I got my iPhone SE 2020, local files are not showing up in Spotify on the iPhone.  I did not have this problem with my pre...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes