Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch series 5

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceApple Watch series 5Operating SystemWatch os 7.3 My Question or IssueHi, I’ve heard that Spotify added the ability to stream music on the Apple Watch without the need to also carry a phone. I have a cellular data plan for my wa...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country US Device Apple Watch series 5 Operating System Watch os 7.3   My Question or Issue Hi, I’ve heard that Spotify added the ability to stream music on the Apple Watch w...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Playlist Will not Sync to Phone

I have a premium plan and an IPhone 11. I can not get my local file playlists on my computer to sync to my phone. I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled. I also have check the download icons on the computer and the phone. I know there...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium plan and an IPhone 11. I can not get my local file playlists on my computer to sync to my phone. I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled. I also have check the downloa...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast episodes recommendations...off?

Plan: PremiumCountry: France Device: iPhone 12 miniOperating System: iOS 14.4Spotify version: 8.5.96.967 IssueHello team, as per the screenshots attached to this case, I feel like the "new episodes" recommendation on the home page is off. This is par...

• Composer
  • Plan: Premium Country: France   Device: iPhone 12 mini Operating System: iOS 14.4 Spotify version: 8.5.96.967   Issue Hello team, as per the screenshots attached to t...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album covers

I wonder why my album covers change into another one when I start playing the song. For an example, when it’s in my playlist you can see the original album cover, but then when I start playing, it changes into another album cover.Is it something you ...

• Casual Listener
  • I wonder why my album covers change into another one when I start playing the song. For an example, when it’s in my playlist you can see the original album cover, but then when I start playing, it ch...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I-watch cellular streaming

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceI-phone XR, Apple Watch SEOperating SystemIOS 14.3 Watch 7.3 Spotify version8.5.96.967 My Question or IssueWhen I try to use use the cellular function on my watch to stream music and try to select my watch as the device, all...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device I-phone XR,  Apple Watch SE Operating System IOS 14.3 Watch 7.3   Spotify version 8.5.96.967   My Question or Issue When I try to use use th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio feature missing on iOS

PlanFreeCountryIndonesiaDeviceiPhone Xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 14.3 Can’t find radio feature, screenshots are in the attachment. Help!

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Indonesia Device iPhone Xs Max Operating System iOS 14.3   Can’t find radio feature, screenshots are in the attachment. Help!  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Group Session ending when switching from iPhone to Mac

Plan: PremiumCountry: UsaDevice: iPhone 11, MacBook Pro 13inch 2018 My Issue:I have been using the group session feature quite often these days and its been fun. However, every time I switch the audio from My iPhone to my Mac, the session just ends.

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Usa Device: iPhone 11, MacBook Pro 13inch 2018   My Issue: I have been using the group session feature quite often these days and its been fun. However...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify personalized profile is messed up

Hi, My personalized Spotify (basically everything under "Made for You", Release Radar, Discover Weekly, etc) has gone haywire. This is all because weekly, I put on ambient music during tabletop gaming with friends. I also have a 2 year old daughter w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My personalized Spotify (basically everything under "Made for You", Release Radar, Discover Weekly, etc) has gone haywire. This is all because weekly, I put on ambient music during table...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music is not autoplaying

Hello Spotify Community I've noticed for a month now that Spotify never auto plays when i get automaticly connected to my car, air pods(pressing play). It was like a default where my Music App always went on, but never Spotify. I tried fixing it by d...

• Regular
  • Hello Spotify Community 🙂    I've noticed for a month now that Spotify never auto plays when i get automaticly connected to my car, air pods(pressing play). It was like a default where m...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • autoplay
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Proceed to App Store/Download app link bug?

Hello, I noticed recently after clicking Spotify links on mobile, it quickly flashes "proceed to app store, download app" etc, then disappears. I have to click the link 2-3 times for Spotify to open. Had a few people tell me my links were broken, whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I noticed recently  after clicking Spotify links on mobile, it quickly flashes "proceed to app store, download app" etc, then disappears. I have to click the link 2-3 times for S...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linking
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution show artist on second line when casting to smart speakers

Free/PremiumUS Device(iPhone XS, iPad gen Operating SystemiOS 14 When casting to my smart speakers, the interface (whether I open the app or view the lock screen gui), shows song title, album name and artist on the first line and "Listening on ". In ...

• Casual Listener
  • Free/Premium US   Device (iPhone XS, iPad gen 😎 Operating System iOS 14   When casting to my smart speakers, the interface (whether I open the app or view the lock screen gui), sho...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio thumbs up/down gone

I have the premium plan and my radio dislike buttons are gone. There is just a heart to add it to the library. I’m not talking about the daily mix playlist. Just the actual radio stations. I was under the impression that premium customs get to dislik...

• I have the premium plan and my radio dislike buttons are gone. There is just a heart to add it to the library. I’m not talking about the daily mix playlist. Just the actual radio stations. I was unde...
  • Akash_AS
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify iMessage app missing

For at least a week now the Spotify iMessage app is missing. I’ve followed all trouble shooting instructions both before and after today’s iOS 14.4 update and it’s still missing. Please let Spotify know if you see it missing as well so they’ll fix it...

• Regular
  • For at least a week now the Spotify iMessage app is missing. I’ve followed all trouble shooting instructions both before and after today’s iOS 14.4 update and it’s still missing. Please let Spotify k...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 44 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 44 likes

Unable to do anything or play music in the Spotify app

Hi, Spotify had just released less than 24 hours here in South Korea and upon finding out about it I immediately went to install it. After logging in, nothing is displayed apart from the premium plans and settings. There's no search bar for music, no...

• Visitor
  • Hi, Spotify had just released less than 24 hours here in South Korea and upon finding out about it I immediately went to install it. After logging in, nothing is displayed apart from the premium plan...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback Failed - We’re not able to play this video in your current location.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XOperating System iOS 13.7(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueContinuing to get the error message on different podcasts I've downloaded :"Playback Failed - We’re not able to play this video in...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.7 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Continuing to get the error message on differen...
  • naiibot
  • Casual Listener
  • 30 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 13 likes

[iOS] Scan Codes not showing up

I’ve been wanting to use the scan song feature for a project I’m working on although recently the scan feature hasn’t been showing up underneath every song. I still have the scan feature next to the search box but I have nothing to scan. I also tried...

• I’ve been wanting to use the scan song feature for a project I’m working on although recently the scan feature hasn’t been showing up underneath every song. I still have the scan feature next to the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs randomly skip or sounds app is waiting for voice control

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 14.4 When playing a song, the app will randomly stop the song, pause, play, go forwards, go backward and then stop and it sounds like feedback when plugging in headphones. Sometimes a menu will p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System iOS 14.4   When playing a song, the app will randomly stop the song, pause, play, go forwards, go backward and then stop and...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution casting from ipad/iphone to chromecast

PlanPremiumCountryukDeviceiphone 12 pro / ipad 6th genOperating Systemall apps / ios / chromecast software latest versions My Question or IssueAttempting to cast JRE audio and video to chromecast, from either ipad or iphone. (both result in same prob...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country uk Device iphone 12 pro / ipad 6th gen Operating System all apps / ios / chromecast software latest versions   My Question or Issue Attempting to cast JRE audio an...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

CarPlay volume is really low

PlanpremiumCountrymexico DeviceIphone 7s plus, iPhone 8, iPhone XS masOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue I have experienced on any iPhone devices and with carplay on a really low volume on the car, this doesn’t happens with Apple Music, iTun...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan premium Country mexico   Device Iphone 7s plus, iPhone 8, iPhone XS mas Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  I have experienced on any iPhone devices...
  • Swcalise
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Carplay
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify conflict with WhatsApp

PlanFamilyCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or IssueSometimes when Spotify app is opened and i want to listen an audio message from WhatsApp, the message stops constantly (pause)

• Roadie
  • Plan Family Country Italy Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue Sometimes when Spotify app is opened and i want to listen an audio message from WhatsAp...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes