Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Devices not connecting using iOS

Devices not connecting using iOS

I have one account - 2 phones!

I like one phone to be the controller whilst other listens. 

since weekend Spotify won’t allow to do it. So I can use be account on two different devices under premium 

5 Replies

Hey @JillWilkie! Hope you're having a great day so far! 🙂 

I'd like to let you know that Spotify Premium is destined to be used on just one device per account, if you want to use Spotify with Premium access on more than one device, you should have a look at the Premium Family plan as you can have premium access and use them on different devices.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you need any other help. We're here to help you out!

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @MateusM…..

I am fully aware of the Premium features and how they operate.  I have spent hours upon hours trying to explain my situation with no one in Spotify being able to help or rectify my situation.  I have Premium Family, my partner and I each have our own account, yet because he travels abroad we both log under the one account and I can see when he is awake and travelling as on my phone it will say when his music is playing. Yes I know I can’t hear it I just see it playing through…..  THIS IS WHAT WE WANT TO HAPPEN.  Atm I can log under this account on more than one device and play music all at the same time - this should not happen under Spotify Premium.  So what I am asking is why is it happening and how do we fix it?  I can literally give this account to 100’s of people and tell them all to log in at the same time and play music at the same time and they would be able to….. why???

please help

Hey @JillWilkie,

Thanks for posting here.

Spotify accounts are designed for individual use. 

In this case it sounds like this could be an account-related issue. It's a good idea for the owner of the account to give these steps a go to check if that makes a difference.

If you want to log in to your account, you will need to use the email address and the password associated with your account.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there……

these steps have been completed, more than once and still does not make a deference!

Hey @JillWilkie,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We appreciate your cooperation so far and want to sum up everything discussed up until now to avoid any confusion.

If your intention is that both you and your partner log into the same account on different devices and listen to music simultaneously - this isn't a feature supported by Spotify. If nonetheless you're able to do so, we recommend that you log out of your partners account and in to your own. It would be best if they themselves start a new thread in our Help boards, so that we can tackle the issue of one account playing music on multiple devices separately. 

If you meant that you're unable to log in to your personal account and instead find yourself in your partner's one each time - it would seem that yours has different login data. In that case we recommend going through the steps listed in this Support Article.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts