Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Articles ("A," "The") break alphabetical sorting in Your Music

Articles ("A," "The") break alphabetical sorting in Your Music

Ever since the release of Spotify for iOS 3.4.0 (six months ago!), it has not handled articles correctly in artist, album or song names. It sorts everything that begins with the word "A" with the rest of the A's, and everything that begins with the word "The" with the rest of the T's. 

Here we are near the top of the song list, showing that all songs beginning with the word "A" are stuck with the A's.

Photo Feb 04, 9 08 24 AM.png

And here we are in the T section of the song list, showing that everything starting with "The" is stuck in there.

Photo Feb 04, 9 09 11 AM.png

Here is the Albums list, showing the "The"s again sorted with the T's.

Photo Feb 04, 9 09 27 AM.png

And here is the Artists list. Most strangely, all of the "The"s appear before any of the band names that actually start with a T.

Photo Feb 04, 9 09 44 AM.png

Very strange! It worked fine until 3.4.0 and still has not been fixed. How did this happen, and what's taking so long?

9 Replies

Accidental triple post.

Accidental triple post.

Just dropping back in to note that yet another version of the iOS app has been released without fixing this problem.

Agree that this is ridiculous. How hard is it to be consistent?

Still broken as of 5.0.0! I've canceled my premium subscription and gone back to free, but I would love to resubscribe as soon as this gets storted out.

Just downloaded 5.1.0 and it's still broken. That's eight months and seventeen app releases without fixing or even acknowledging this problem.

Hey @user-removed

Sorry for the delay in seeing your post.

I have passed this on to be looked into. I'll post back if I hear anything.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you!

Still broken in 5.2.0.

Suggested posts