Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist Radio on iPhone's App

Solved!

Artist Radio on iPhone's App

Hi! I have the iPhone's App and I'd like to know if were possible to play an Artist Radio on this app like we can do it on Spotify software for computer. I think that we can't do it... and it's a fatal error :). Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Currently there's no Artist Radio option in the mobile version of Spotify at the moment. However, you might want to try the SpotON app, as we mention right here

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Currently there's no Artist Radio option in the mobile version of Spotify at the moment. However, you might want to try the SpotON app, as we mention right here

Airhorn Enthusiast

The link doesn't works, but I'm trying the app. Thanks for the info. Something similar for Android? (I haven't found it for Android).

Hi all,

This app is working good, howerver it sould be build into Spotify app... I hope soon

Hi Kristo,

Yea it should be built in, but i kind of like it personally. But Spotifty didn't make the SpotOn app, seems its another developer making it using Spotify API's.

It would be a huge boost to have the radio functionality on all mobile versions

i feel tempted to hit the "accept as solution" button on your comment, but i don't want a moderator to slap my writst for something dumb. but you're right. i love spotify in that it gives me access to massive amounts of music, but i just think a decent radio function is necessary for finding music you didn't know existed. i like some of the app ideas, but in general i think its kind of like an after thought. like someone said "oops, how are customers going to find new stuff beyond that radio and whats new page?" and so the apps are trying to fill that gap. but not having it on the mobile device, thats silly.

*note to spotify moderators* i'm not trying to bash anyone with that post. please try and see that as constructive criticism. 

but i gotta say, i'm really liking the SpotOn thing now, after using it a few days its almost as good as Pandora in a lot of ways, only issue i have is how frequently it will play songs from the same artist/album. thats annoying.

Is there any ETA on radio in the spotify app? I recently switched back to Spotify from MOG because the library for me seems a little better in Spotify, and I like the Spotify desktop app better. However, I found myself using the radio functionality in MOG, which is far superior to the radio functionality in the desktop version of Spotify. (it allows you to control the mix of the user whose "radio" you are playing). It is one factor that is making me doubt my decision to use Spotify again...

Hello!

No updates yet. The best way to track demand for new ideas is over on the Ideas board - My previous post should have a link to a Radio request for mobile devices, so feel free to add kudos there.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hello!

We released Spotify Radio for iOS yesterday - Take a look at our announcement right here. Pop over to the App Store and take a look!

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts