Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists list empty on mobile + saved songs missing

Solved!

Artists list empty on mobile + saved songs missing

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 10.3.1

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone,

I have a few issues with Spotify app on mobile. I don't use it often, so I don't know if this has been happening for long or not, but this week I noticed that some changes were made on the interface, and a few things seem to be missing now.

By the way, I also use Spotify desktop, and on desktop everything is fine.

The first, and most important to me, is that all artists whom I saved songs from disappeared. I have an empty list of artists. It's totally empty, not a single artist is there. My library is made of hundreds of artists and now I can't find and navigate it on mobile. I can see and navigate all artists on my computer but I can't see them on mobile.

Now, the second thing: I noticed that "saved songs" seems to have been converted in a playlist which name would translate to "liked songs". Ok, understood. But there are hundreds of songs missing there. I know that in the past (about 2 years ago) I had 800~1000 saved songs, and in the meantime it has naturally increased, but that new playlist is made of 500-something songs.

These two issues together cause a scenario where, if I'm on my mobile, I can't find many songs because that "liked songs" playlist is incomplete, and I can't navigate my artists.

I tried reinstalling the app, but nothing changes.

Again, everything is fine on the desktop version.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is Spotifys idea of "improving your listening experience".
First off, artist tab no longer shows the artist whose songs you have saved. Now it only shows artist you follow.
Second, that liked playlist does not show all your saved music. If you save an album, the songs will not show up there. You have to save all the songs in that album separately or by pressing the 3 dot menu and selecting save all songs. Which makes life hard when you do not know which are misssing and need to go album by album trying to find them.

These changes have made most people, myself included, jump ship for a much better music service. They have already said that they refuse to bring back removed features.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

This is Spotifys idea of "improving your listening experience".
First off, artist tab no longer shows the artist whose songs you have saved. Now it only shows artist you follow.
Second, that liked playlist does not show all your saved music. If you save an album, the songs will not show up there. You have to save all the songs in that album separately or by pressing the 3 dot menu and selecting save all songs. Which makes life hard when you do not know which are misssing and need to go album by album trying to find them.

These changes have made most people, myself included, jump ship for a much better music service. They have already said that they refuse to bring back removed features.

Hmm....not much of an improvement, it would seem to me...

If I can't access the same content on all my devices, I guess it breaks the whole point of having a multi-platform music streamming service.

Thanks for the clarification. That explains my empty list of artists, since I'm not a fan of the following thing.

But I don't feel like rebuilding my entire music library right now, so I guess I'll just downgrade to free membership, since using it on desktop doesn't really require premium subscription as much as mobile does, and I'll quit using the mobile version altogether.

Again, thanks for your kind explanation.

Cheers

Suggested posts