Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

As a premium user, how do i download music to an iWatch?

As a premium user, how do i download music to an iWatch?

I have a series 3 GPS only iWatch bought for the purposes of trackin activity, and music from spotify premium.  I have installed the spotify app on it, but i cant see the option to transfer or download music to it to use while out and specifically not taking my phone.  Could anyone help me solve this? Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @Leigh89, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Apple Watch will need the iPhone near it since the iPhone will need to be paired with your Apple Watch with Bluetooth. If you're away from your iPhone, you won't be able to use Spotify on your watch until you get near it again. It's not possible to download music to the watch for offline use. If this is a feature you would like to see in the future, you can always create a new Idea here

There is more info about Apple Watch here

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the Same problem. I don’t have the option to select download to I watch !

I m a premium user, eveything is up to date with latest iwatch and iPhone 6S iOS 14,6

I tried it as explained here; Spotify online, iwatch connected with iPhone (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth connected)

anyone else having the same problems??

Hey @Leigh89 and @Mickeymfa,

Thanks for posting!

Joining @Billy-J here to add that it'd be great for you to add your +VOTE and subscribe to this Idea.

It's set to Under Consideration, so keep an eye on it for all the updates 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts