Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio scrubber is gone in latest update. Why???

Audio scrubber is gone in latest update. Why???

Please bring back the audio scrubber at the bottom of the app on iOS. It has been replaced by a swipe-for-the-next-track. It should be possible to design the interface so that you can have both track advance and audio scrubber. Its not practical to have to expand the player each and every time you want to scrub through a track to find out if you like it or not.

9 Replies

Hey @nitetrax

Is this happening for the iPhone app or the iPad app?

Spotify is always testing things by adding/removing features. It could be that you are part of a test.

I will pass on your feedback. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thankyou @MattSuda. Its on both the iphone and ipad.

I'm scared to update my desktop version incase they've changed that too.

Ah, just checked on my iPad and I get the same thing.

I'll pass on your feedback. Thanks!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I agree, it seems to be a very odd UI choice, removing functionality isn't great and the new swipe behaviour is not obvious.

I have this crap as well, it ruins the app completely for me. Hopefully they will fix this mistake

Just wanted to add another vote. Disappointed that they removed the ability to scrub through a song without having to open it up first.

agreed. This is a f'n joke.  Why the hell do they reduce the usability of the app?!?!!??!!.  I paid for premium....why change it and make it LESS usable!?

this is so fkn stupid!  

Another case of developer nerds needing to tweak what isn't broken....and go towards making this POS worse?!?!

WHY?

WTF is the thinking here?

getting so sick of this **bleep** from so many apps.

get ur heads out of ur asses and un**bleep** this

they have removed it unfortunately......

Hi Matt,

I hope you might be able to help. I used spotify on my ipad to instruct indoor cycle classes. Since updating my ios, I can no longer swipe up to have the audio tracker  display on the bottom of the screen. I have to have spotify full screen and reduce my notes app (which I have my spin instructions written on) to a tiny side bar (not practical), but I can live it if need be. BUT, when Spotify is full screen on ipad, the timecount on the audio tracker is so small I can read it from by bike, also the side bar for the notes covers the right section of the audio tracker. Ugh. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Suggested posts